Foundation Directory Online
Updated weekly, the Foundation Directory Online (FDO) provides the most comprehensive and accurate information on U.S. grantmakers and their funding activities.
- In-depth grantmaker profiles of 144,000+ foundations, grantmaking public charities, and companies
- Grant database of over 3 million recent grants
- Information for 200,000+ grant recipients
- Over 1 million IRS 990s — fully keyword-searchable
- Power Search — 54 search fields including keyword search
- Visualization Tools — map and chart 10 years of grant information
- "MyFDO" to manage saved searches, funder application information, and more
To search the FDO, go to https://www.library.unh.edu/find/databases/subject/grants-&-philanthropy.
Select the link to the Foundation Directory Online.
- If you're on-campus (via an Ethernet connection or secure wireless), it will take you to the FDO welcome page.
- If you're on a non-UNH computer, it will take you to a UNH library log-in page; follow directions provided to log in and get access to Library services.
- If you're on a non-UNH computer and using the UNH VPN, you must use the "All Traffic" optional configuration to access the FDO.
Using the UNH VPN guides you through the process of adding the configuration.
Assistance in conducting FDO searches is available:
- At the UNH Library Reference Desk
- From Lynnette Hentges, Research Development Office
Phone: (603) 862-2002
Foundation Center Funding information network
Local sites with Foundation Center resources available to the public at no charge
Individual and group subscriptions to the FDO also can be purchased on-line for as little as one month at a time. Cost varies with extent of access to the directory databases, length of time access is desired, and number of users.