Foundation Directory Online
Updated weekly, the Foundation Directory Online (FDO) provides the most comprehensive and accurate information on U.S. grantmakers and their funding activities.
- In-depth grantmaker profiles of 144,000+ foundations, grantmaking public charities, and companies
- Grant database of over 3 million recent grants
- Information for 200,000+ grant recipients
- Over 1 million IRS 990s — fully keyword-searchable
- Power Search — 54 search fields including keyword search
- Visualization Tools — map and chart 10 years of grant information
- "MyFDO" to manage saved searches, funder application information, and more
To access and search the FDO, go to https://library.unh.edu/find/databases
Search for "Foundation Directory" then click on link.
- If you're on campus (via an Ethernet connection or secure wireless) or off campus using the VPN, it will take you to the FDO welcome page.
- If you're on a non-UNH computer, it will take you to a log-in page; log in with your UNH credentials.
Once you're at the FOD welcome page, look for "HI UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE" in the upper right corner of the page to be sure you're good to go.
(If you are directed to the Foundation Center page that tells you how to sign up, contact the UNH Library here to report the problem.)
Assistance in conducting FDO searches is available:
- At the UNH Library Reference Desk
- From Lynnette Hentges, Research and Large Center Development Office
Phone: (603) 862-2002
Foundation Center Funding information network
Local sites with Foundation Center resources available to the public at no charge
Individual and group subscriptions to the FDO also can be purchased on-line for as little as one month at a time. Cost varies with extent of access to the directory databases, length of time access is desired, and number of users.