Cayuse is the USNH cloud-based electronic research administration system. There are different modules in Cayuse to:
- Submit proposals via Grants.gov to most federal funding agencies via Cayuse Sponsored Projects (see below).
- Submit and update Outside Interest disclosures (under "My Profile" in Cayuse) via Cayuse Outside Interests for compliance with USNH and sponsor requirements related to financial interests, conflicts of commitment, and activities based outside the US (any USNH campus/user). For questions about submitting an Outside Interests (COI) disclosure form, please email email@example.com.
- Submit initial applications, modifications, and renewals to, and track the status of reviews by, the Institutional Review Board (IRB) via Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics (at this time only the UNH IRB is using Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics). For questions about Cayuse Human Ethics, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit applications to the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) via Cayuse Hazard Safety (UNH only). For questions about Cayuse Hazard Safety, please email email@example.com.
Can't access one or more of the usnh cayuse modules?
click here to submit aN user access request
(you need to have a usnh email address for access)
Cayuse Sponsored Projects
What is Cayuse Sponsored Projects?
Cayuse Sponsored Projects (Cayuse SP) is a web-based system for submission of funding applications via Grants.gov. The system is easy to use and provides significant auto-filling of forms, extensive error checking, and the ability to see the entire proposal before submission. Cayuse Sponsored Projects accounts have been created for most USNH faculty and researchers. Should you need access please submit a request [see orange box above]. Once access is granted access USNH’s Cayuse system here.
What can you apply for using Cayuse Sponsored Projects?
Cayuse should be used for electronic Grants.gov submissions to most federal agencies.
Important Dates: UNH Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) recommends that you submit your application for institutional review a minimum of three business days in advance of the sponsor's submission deadline. This allows enough time for review, error correction, and resubmission before the deadline. It is certain that Grants.gov will slow down in the days and hours prior to a deadline because of limited bandwidth; early submission in Cayuse and communication with SPA staff will help to avoid missing deadlines due to technical issues beyond our control.
How do I request training on Cayuse Sponsored Projects?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a Cayuse Sponsored Projects training session for yourself or your unit. (For training on the Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics module, please email email@example.com.)
Where should I go for help with Cayuse Sponsored Projects?
- For web browser or single sign on (USNH username/password) issues, please contact the USNH IT Help Desk.
- For an urgent proposal issue, or general help related to creating or routing a Cayuse record, please email your STAR GCA.
- For non-urgent questions about Cayuse Sponsored Projects, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Cayuse Support Center offers phone and email support. You must create a separate username and password to access the Cayuse Support Center.