Advancing Excellence in Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities
The UNH Research Office, led by the Senior Vice Provost for Research, Economic Engagement and Outreach (SVPREEO), accomplishes its mission of advancing excellence in research, scholarship and creative activities by providing the essential infrastructure and resources to support a dynamic and growing research program across all academic disciplines of UNH. The office’s primary goal is to increase and support external research funding and recognition of faculty and student excellence.
The UNH Research Office
- provides leadership and services to support UNH faculty, students, and staff in their research, scholarship and creative activities;
- facilitates cooperation between UNH and the business community; and
- communicates and promotes the breadth and depth of UNH research and discovery and resulting impacts within and beyond the university.
The SVPREEO reports to the university's provost, thus integrating research within the academic mission and resources, and serves as a member of the Provost‘s Council and the President‘s Cabinet.
Activities of the Research Office are guided by the Report of the President's Blue Ribbon Panel on Research and the goals and initiatives of the university‘s strategic plan, Breaking Silos, Transforming Lives, Reimagining UNH – UNH 2020.
The Research Office is composed of a central administrative office and nine service units:
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Large Center Development
- Research Computing Center
- Research Communications
- Research Development
- Research Integrity Services
- Sponsored Programs Administration
- University Instrumentation Center
The Research Office also serves as the administrative home for the statewide New Hampshire EPSCoR program.
This Quick Guide to Research Support at the University of New Hampshire provides an introduction to the administrative offices that offer support for faculty, other researchers, and administrators involved in research and related activities. SPARK, UNH’s annual research review, highlights the university’s recent research and the impact it has on our lives.