Award Management

After an award has been accepted, it is the responsibility of the University to ensure that the terms and conditions are followed. Because a variety of different issues may arise during this phase of a sponsored project, it is important to review the notice of award.  Please contact your GCA if you are unsure of any of the terms and conditions of the award.  The following provides you with specific guidance on award management:


Personnel Management

Compensation and fringe benefit costs are a substantial portion of most sponsored award budgets, therefore managing these costs receives significant attention in managing an award. Appointment letters and documents are important to substantiate the time and effort work plan and labor cost distribution to awards. Time and effort reporting and certification are federal and University policy requirements to substantiate allocations of compensation fairly to the benefit of projects. University policies on regular compensation and additional pay are especially important in meeting requirements of federal awards for allocations of compensation and salary rates. The University has established procedures and forms for requesting additional pay for charges to sponsored awards. Refer to UNH Human Resources policies, forms and procedures on additional pay.

policies, forms and procedures


View Award & Funding Management Knowledge Base

The Knowledge Base contains forms, instruction and training material, minutes, policies, tools and other resources to support your research efforts by topic area.

Contact Information

Sponsored Programs Administration
Service Bldg., 2nd Floor
51 College Road
Durham, NH 03824
Phone: (603) 862-4865
Fax: (603) 862-3564

Find your Financial Research Administrator (FRA)

The University of New Hampshire is committed to ensuring employees are not subject to reprisals for “whistleblowing” alleged mismanagement or abuse related to a Federal contract or grant.

Claims of alleged misconduct can be submitted anonymously at the USNH Internal Audit Anonymous Hotline at (link is external).

On the Durham campus, claims also can be submitted to Human Resources (862-0501) and Sponsored Programs Administration (862-2001).

Details: Notice to Employees Regarding Federal Pilot Program for Enhancement of Employee Whistleblower Protection