US Department of Education (US ED) - Specific Requirements & Advice
Common Instructions for Applicants to Department of Education Discretionary Grant Programs (2/12/18)
Grantmaking at ED
Common Guidelines for Education Research and Development and FAQs
(A report from the Institute of Educational Sciences/US ED and the National Science Foundation)
- Guidance on building the evidence base in STEM learning
- Provides guidelines for six types of education “research” projects
- Overview of the nature, justification, evidence generation and so on for each project type
- Identify a current funding opportunity that matches your research interests and identify the relevant Letter of Intent and application deadlines.
- View a funding opportunities webinar to learn more about the application process and choosing an appropriate funding opportunity.
- Download the Application Submission Guide, as well as the appropriate Request for Applications and application package (See below for links or search for CFDA 84.305 or CFDA 84.324).
- Submit your Letter of Intent (optional but strongly encouraged).
- Submit your application to Grants.gov before the application deadline.
Institute of Education Science (IES) - Resources for Researchers
Webinars, methodological resources, peer review process, available data sets, etc.
FY 2020 Research Funding Webinars - on-demand webinars for those who are interested in Fiscal Year 2020 funding opportunities and in learning more about IES.
IES Basic Overview of Research Grants and Information for New Applicants to IES
IES Grant Writing Workshop
UNH-developed US ED Proposal Development Tools and Resources
US ED Online Resources for Grant Seekers
Understanding Funding in the U.S. Department of Education – Presentation by Marjorie Piechowski