Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Grants
Find funding opportunities, proposal preparation hints and assistance, and information about the proposal review process at the sites listed below.
- SBIR/STTR Awards Database
- SBA Dynamic Small Business Search
- US Patent and Trademark Office Patent Database
- NIH SBIR/STTR Review Panel Descriptions and Rosters
- NSF Evaluation and Selection Criteria for SBIR/STTR
Free Proposal Preparation Assistance
I-Trep ProgramContinuing with our mission to promote success in biomedical entrepreneurship, the I-Trep program offers individual one-to-one consulting with experts to assist in the preparation of proposals and the management of awarded SBIR/STTR Grants, webinars, and an intensive summer biomedical entrepreneurship course.
The consultant service is available year-round. Requests are submitted to the I-Trep administrative office where they will be discussed by the Steering Committee. While there is no deadline for the requests, awards will be funded on a first come first served basis.
If selected, the I-Trep program will put you in contact with an expert to help you with your topic of interest.
The I-Trep program will cover the consultation fee (maximum amount $3500).
Assistance is available for the following areas:
1. SBIR/STTR Phase I submission or resubmission
2. SBIR/STTR Phase II submission or resubmission
3. Accounting for awarded grants
4. Compliance assistance for awarded grants
BIOMEDICAL ENTREPRNEURSHIP SUMMER COURSE
This intensive biomedical entrepreneurship course is designed to bridge the gap between biomedical researchers and the mainstream customer by providing a practical understanding of what is required to bring products to the marketplace and the roadmap to get there. This course is free for selected applicants. Travel and housing are covered for out-of-state participants.
Applications for the 2020 Course (June 13-19) are due by April 19, 2020.
- NIH SBIR/STTR Policy and Grantsmanship Information
- US Small Business Administration – SBIR FAQs
- US Small Business Administration – STTR FAQs