Sponsors sometimes limit the number of proposals that UNH may submit to a specific funding opportunity.
The Research Office works to keep the UNH community aware of these Limited Submission Programs (LSPs) and has standardized procedures to facilitate a fair and strategic University-wide process to select the proposals to be submitted to these programs.
- Limited submission programsUNH policies and procedures for Limited Submission Programs (LSPs)
- Current lsp deadlinesLimited Submission Programs to act on now
Sponsors may limit eligibility or design programs targeted to career stage, region of the world, or specific institutional characteristics.
The Research Development Office has gathered information to help researchers and scholars to find opportunities to meet a number of commonly targeted needs:
- Early Career researchers and scholarsResources for finding funding specifically for early career researchers and scholars, particularly those in tenure-track positions
- Graduate StudentsResources for finding and applying for funding specifically designed for graduate students
- Postdoctoral FellowsResources for finding and applying for funding specifically designed for postdoctoral fellows
- International Research and ScholarshipResources for finding funding for international research and scholarship, including the Fulbright programs
- NIH AREA (R15) GrantsNational Institutes of Health (NIH) Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA) grants support small research projects in the biomedical and behavioral sciences conducted by faculty nd their students in academic institutions that have not been major recipients of NIH research grant funds
- EPSCoR and IdeAState-wide programs that expand and improve the research capability of scientists, engineers, mathematicians, technologists, and institutions in states that historically have received less funding than other states have through federal research grants
Research Equipment, Instrumentation, and InfrastructureFunding and other opportunities available to the UNH research community for acquisition, access, development, and maintenance of research equipment, instrumentation, infrastructure, and cyberinfrastructure are provided.
- Small Business GrantsLinks to resources for finding opportunities and applying for federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grants