The UNH IRB is now using Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics!!!
Starting June 1, 2021, UNH researchers who want to submit an application to the UNH IRB for review, submit a continuing review/renewal request for an existing (legacy) study or close an existing (legacy) study should click on the link below in the blue box to access Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics. (This is for the UNH IRB only at this time; the KSC and PSU IRBs will transition to Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics later this year.)
CAYUSE RESEARCH SUITE LOG-IN
Once you've signed in, click on the Products button in the upper right of the Cayuse home page & select Human Ethics
In order to access Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics, researchers need an USNH email address (UNH, PSU, KSC or GSC). If you find that you do not have access to the USNH Cayuse research suite, click on the link below in the orange box to submit a request for user access.
Can't access the usnh cayuse research suite?
click here to submit aN user access request
(you need to have a usnh email address for access)
THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY
Please check back often for additional Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics information
Drop-In Zoom IRB Office Hours
Questions about Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics?
How do I use this Cayuse module? What do I need to know? What about my current studies?
Click the Zoom link below to visit the drop-in "office hours" with Research Integrity Services staff,
for assistance with Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics and Cayuse Outside Interests.
Drop-In Zoom Office Hours
RIS staff will not monitor the meeting link at other times.
To access the drop-in meeting, you must be logged in to your USNH Zoom account
(log in here: UNH).
You will initially enter a Zoom "waiting room."
resources for Using Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics
|Outline of Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics Initial Submission Form|
|USNH Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics Initial Submission||Video|
|Creating a New Study Guidance|
|Completing a Submission Guidance|
|Addressing Reviewer Comments Guidance|
|Creating a Modification Submission Guidance|
|Creating a Renewal Submission Guidance|
|Closing a Study Guidance|
transitioning to cayuse irb/human ethics
- The UNH IRB is now using Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics software.
- Researchers need to develop new applications in Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics; the IRB staff will not accept new applications submitted via any other means (e.g., email, hard copy).
- Researchers who want to request an extension of the IRB approval of an existing (legacy) study that expires after June 1, 2021 need to submit a renewal request via Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics. If a study's approval expires, it will be closed in Cayuse; once closed, a study cannot be reopened.
- Researchers who want to close studies (legacy or approved in Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics) should click on the applicable study in Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics, click on the blue "New Submission" button and select "Closure", provide the requested information, and submit it and certify the submission.
- Researchers who need to request modifications for existing (legacy) studies should read the information below and contact the IRB office with questions.
disposition of existing (legacy) studies with irb approval
- Researchers who have existing Exempt* or Expedited with no annual continuing review* level studies that are ongoing, where the study is anticipated to continue for more than a year or require modifications in the future, should plan to submit a new application in Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics after June 1, 2021 to replace the existing study. Doing so will allow researchers to take advantage of the many features of Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics to not only have online access to the information about their studies, but also to submit modifications via Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics. Once approved, the IRB will close the existing (legacy) IRB study.
- Researchers who have Expedited with annual continuing review* or Full Board* level studies:
- For those studies in data analysis or interpretation stages and where there will not be any further data collection or future modifications to the protocol, researchers should submit continuing review requests via Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics for the existing (legacy) study until they have completed the study. They should then close the study in Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics.
- For studies that are in the recruitment or data collection stages or where researchers anticipate submitting modifications in the future, researchers should complete a new application in Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics for the study before the study’s current IRB approval expiration date. The IRB will treat it as a new application and give it a new IRB number but, unless the PI indicates there are changes from the prior version, will perform a confirmatory review at the previous study’s review level. The new study will retain the previous study's approval expiration date. At that time, the IRB will close the existing (legacy) study in Cayuse IRB/Human Ethics.
*If you are unsure of your study’s review level, please email IRB staff with the protocol number.