Our Alcohol, Nicotine, and Other Drug (ANOD) team is comprised of Nancy Bushinsky, MSW, LICSW and Tess Kucera, MPH, CHES.
We understand how college life, independence, social connection, stress, beliefs and brain development (to name a few!) are powerful influencers on your choices during this time in your life.
Are you interested in…
- Making choices that reflect your values?
- Learning skills to reduce your risks for harm?
- Creating a plan and timeline to reduce use or quit altogether?
- Support to make behavior changes that serve your goals?
- Acquiring the latest research-based knowledge?
- Resources to support or enhance your recovery?
- Evaluating your use as it relates to various aspects of your well-being?
- Referrals to community resources for treatment?
- Information on how to help a friend or family member?
We provide a safe, relaxed and confidential space for you to explore your relationship with alcohol, nicotine, cannabis, and other drugs.
Mandated Education Program
Were you referred to Health & Wellness to complete mandated alcohol or other drug education due to a UNH conduct or UNH/Durham legal violation? Learn more about MANDATED EDUCATION PROGRAMS.
Psychological and Counseling Services (PACS)
You may find your counseling needs are better served at Psychological and Counseling Services (PACS) in Smith Hall. PACS is UNH's primary mental health facility. They provide individual and group counseling and therapy for students who may be experiencing situational or ongoing psychological difficulties. Concerns students often address through PACS include: educational/academic goals, depression, anxiety, grief, eating disorders, substance abuse, sexual/physical/emotional abuse, self-harm/self-mutilation, sexual identity/orientation issues, traumatic situations or relationship issues. They also provide assistance for emotional and behavioral crises/emergencies. For additional information or an appointment, please call (603) 862-2090.