Health & Wellness provides whole person-centered care and services, illness prevention and health promotion, co-curricular learning opportunities, and public health leadership and expertise. All are tailored to support our students’ health, well-being, and personal development, the health of the campus community and the mission of our University.
Health & Wellness is every student’s first choice for health care and health education. We lead the way in fulfilling the University’s commitment to fostering a well and vibrant learning community.
As an organization, we value:
- The inherent worth and potential for growth of all individuals.
- The treatment of all individuals with respect and dignity.
- Diversity, inclusion, and equity in the pursuit of social justice.
- Communication that is open, honest and direct.
- The highest standards of professionalism, with an emphasis on quality of care, ethical behavior and ensuring confidentiality.
- The powerful role of education in all of our work.
Wellness is a state of being, evolving from a way of living, that helps individuals achieve their highest potential through the integration of all components of their lives. Included are physical, social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, intellectual, occupational and economic components.
Health & Wellness views students and other members of the UNH community as whole and dynamic individuals. We are sensitive to how the components of our lives impact our health and well-being. We encourage personal responsibility for achieving and maintaining wellness. Our approach not only assists in the process of healing, but also provides information and care to maintain and enhance well-being according to individual needs and desires.
Health & Wellness realizes the environments in which we live and work also impact well-being. This means our efforts to support wellness for the individual must include working to create a healthy community that supports the well-being of its members.
Our goal is to optimize wellness, now and for the future.