Incoming Student Resources
Welcome to UNH! We want to help you make the transition to college as easy as possible. Here are a few resources to get you started:
Guide to Incoming Student Health Requirements
As an incoming student, you’ll need to submit a few health forms before you arrive on campus.
Undergraduate students arriving Fall 2019: July 15, 2019
Graduate students arriving Fall 2019: September 1, 2019
Use the following step-by-step guide to help you complete this process.
If you are experiencing issues, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
**PLEASE NOTE: If you have read ALL the information below and are still experiencing issues, please contact us at (603) 862-9355.
STEP 1: Enroll in or waive the Student Health Benefits Plan to comply with the UNH health insurance requirement.
All full-time degree students are required to have health insurance as a condition of enrollment:
- to ensure access to health care services beyond what is available on campus
- to provide financial protection for major illness or injury
Students are enrolled in and charged for the UNH Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) by default if they don’t submit a waiver. The deadline to enroll in or waive the plan is August 8, 2019.
To enroll or waive: Click the button below to access the Wellfleet Insurance website. Select from the available Enroll/Waive options, and create a new account using your UNH email address.
STEP 2: Log into MyHealth&Wellness.
MyHealth&Wellness is a secure, online portal for your personal health management. You can use MyHealth&Wellness to:
- Access, download, and upload health forms for entrance requirements
- Make an appointment for clinical visits, wellness counseling/education visits, massage, etc.
- Access health history and immunization records for future reference
- View your financial account summary
- Send and receive secure messages with Health & Wellness staff
NOTE: To log in to MyHealth&Wellness, you will need to use your UNH username and password.
STEP 3: Download necessary health forms and visit your healthcare provider.
Once you’ve logged into MyHealth&Wellness, click FORMS on the left side menu.
- Take the Tuberculosis Questionnaire. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the 6 questions, you’ll need to get a Tuberculosis Screening from your healthcare provider.
- Download the following forms and work with your healthcare provider to fill them out:
- Physical Exam Form (not required for graduate students)
- Documented proof of your most recent physical, within the past year
- Immunization Form
- Must include proof of 2 MMR vaccinations to avoid an academic hold
- Meningococcal and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccinations recommended
- A note from our Medical Director about meningitis.
- Tuberculosis Screening Form (if needed)
- Download the Consent to Treat Minors Form if you will be under the age of 18 when you start in the fall. Parent/legal guardian signature needed.
STEP 4: Upload documents to MyHealth&Wellness.
Once you’ve completed the necessary health forms, SCAN or TAKE A PICTURE and upload them to MyHealth&Wellness. Please make sure all forms are clear and legible.
- Physical Exam Form
- Immunization Form
- Tuberculosis Screening Form (if needed)
- Consent for Treatment Form (if needed)
The incoming undergraduate student deadline is July 15, 2019. The incoming graduate student deadline September 1, 2019.
NOTE: We’re a paperless system. If you have problems with your UNH username and password, please call us at (603) 862-9355.
STEP 5: Complete your health history form.
Gather your health records, review your family health history with parents/legal guardian, and complete the health history form on MyHealth&Wellness.
Q: I can’t log into MyHealth&Wellness. The system is telling me that it is unable to find my record. What should I do?
A: Incoming students will not be able to login to MyHealth&Wellness until the end of June/beginning of July. If after that time you are still having trouble please contact our office.
Q: How can the deadline be July 15th if I can’t login to my account until right before then?
A: The July 15th deadline is a “soft” date that allows the staff at Health & Wellness plenty of time to verify your information prior to the start of the Fall semester. We ask that you get the information to us as soon as possible to avoid holds on your account and delays in receiving care.
Q: I missed the deadline, what should I do?
A: We will still accept your information after the deadline but please submit as soon as possible, and at the latest, before you arrive on campus.
Q: I am not living on campus. Do I still have to submit health forms?
Q: Do I have to use the UNH Health & Wellness physical exam and immunization forms?
A: No. We will accept any form that you receive from your healthcare provider's office. Forms will need to include documentation of two MMR vaccines (with the first one given one year after date of birth). We do, however, require you to complete our TB Screening Form, which is located in MyHealth&Wellness.
Q: How can I confirm you’ve received my information?
A: Please do not call our office to confirm receipt of your forms. Log in to MyHealth&Wellness, click the “Forms” link on the left side menu, and check the “Status” of your forms.
Q: What immunizations are required?
A: 2 doses of the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine, with the first one given one year after your date of birth, OR Immune Serology (titer)
Q: What if I have a medical condition that exempts me from vaccination?
A: Please contact Health & Wellness directly at (603) 862-9355 to speak with someone regarding our exemption process.
Q: Do I need a new physical exam before coming to campus in the fall?
A: We will accept proof of any physical from the past year, as long as you have had no significant changes in medical history.
Q: Who must be tested for tuberculosis?
A: Most students are low risk for tuberculosis (TB) and will not require a test. This is determined by the answers you give to the questions in the TB Screening Form found on My Health & Wellness. If you have a higher risk as indicated by the screening, you will need to get a TB test.
Q: I am still having issues. What do I do?
A: Please call us at (603) 862-9355.
You can also review this video for a step-by-step tutorial of the forms upload and download process: