Thank you for your interest in working with Health & Wellness!
Our application period has ended. Thank you for your interest.
Wellness Assistants assist our staff with creating and implementing health and wellness programs and educational materials.
4-6 hours a week during the academic year. Schedules are flexible. Academics always come first.
The starting hourly rate is $12.00. (Applicants must have a Federal work-study award)
Assist staff with creating and implementing health and wellness programs and educational materials for the university community.
- Provide administrative support to staff of 7
- Design health education posters, flyers, display boards, and PowerPoint presentations
- Represent Health & Wellness at educational tables and programs around campus
- Collaborate with staff to create written content for Health & Wellness website and educational materials
- Assist staff with organizing, creating, and on occasion, presenting educational programs to students
- Conduct research using Dimond Library online databases
- Manage Health & Wellness Resource Library
- Make deliveries around campus
- Photocopying, filing, and other duties as assigned
Successful candidates should:
- Be eligible for the Federal Work/Study Program
- Be reliable and able to work at least 4-6 hours per week during the academic year
- Have an interest in health and wellness issues (nutrition, sexual health, wellness, alcohol, tobacco, other drugs)
- Have experience working with Microsoft Office applications (including Excel, Word, Publisher, and Access)
- Be skilled in conducting research
- Pay close attention to detail and organization
- Be professional and able to maintain confidentiality
Note: With your written consent, Community Standards will be contacted for information related to your disciplinary history prior to a final decision regarding involvement with Health & Wellness. Any prior misconduct will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and does not automatically mean that you will be ineligible for a position.
Applications are not being accepted at this time.