We provide routine and travel immunizations to the UNH community. This service is available by appointment only.
A fee is charged for this service and varies based on which immunizations you obtain. Please check with your health insurance plan to see if they will cover this service.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers information about vaccinations by age or for special populations, such as travelers.
You can also search for vaccine information by disease.
We offer Moderna, Pfizer, and Janssen/J&J primary and booster doses. Find out more information on our COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions page.
This is a seasonal vaccination and should be updated yearly.
- Hepatitis A
This is a 2-shot series, given over a 6-month period. This is considered a lifetime vaccination.
- Hepatitis B
This is a 3-shot series, given over a 6-month period. For most, this is a lifetime vaccination.
This vaccination is for men and women. It is given as a 3-shot series, over a 6-month period. This is considered a lifetime vaccination.
- Japanese Encephalitis
Available by special order.
This is considered effective for approximately 5 years, and might need to be updated for travel to endemic areas.
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
2 MMRs are considered a lifetime vaccination. This immunization is required by UNH.
This inactivated injectable Polio vaccination is considered a one-time adult booster for those who have received the Polio series as a child.
This is a 3-shot series. For continued risk/exposure to potential rabies, titer levels should be checked approximately every 2 years to determine booster needs
This vaccination is recommended for people 60 years old and older to prevent shingles. This is a one-time vaccination. There is no maximum age for getting the vaccine.
- TD (Tetanus, Diphtheria) or Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria/Acellular Pertussis)
Recommended to booster every 10 years.
This is available in either the oral or injectable vaccination. The oral vaccine is effective for 5 years and the injectable vaccine is effective for 2 years.
- Yellow Fever
Needed for travel into countries of Yellow Fever transmission. This vaccine is effective for 10 years. Call (603) 862-1094 for availability.
Travel Immunization Clinic
We provide a state-approved travel clinic that provides immunizations needed for academic, professional or personal travel.
- The Travel Clinic is available during the academic year and is not available during the summer or semester breaks.
- We recommend that you schedule your travel clinic visit at least 4-6 weeks before your travel departure date.
- Make an appointment for travel vaccinations and/or HIV/AIDS testing.
- If you paid your health fee, co-pays for visits to the travel clinic are covered. Immunizations are chargeable, but are less expensive than most external providers. Check with your health insurance provider to determine if immunizations at our clinic are covered by your plan.
- If you have not paid the health fee, the visit and immunizations are chargeable. Check with your health insurance provider to determine if visits and immunizations at our clinic are covered by your plan.
Employees and Dependents (18+ years old)
- All services are chargeable, but most are less expensive than most external providers. Check with your health insurance provider to determine if visits and immunizations at our Travel Clinic are covered by your plan.