Emotional wellness includes your thoughts, emotions, and ability to deal with life's challenges.
Signs of Emotional Wellness
- Having the ability to talk with someone about your emotional concerns and share your feelings with others
- Saying "no" when you need to without feeling guilty
- Feeling content most of the time
- Feeling you have a strong support network i.e. people in your life that care about you
- Being able to relax
- Feeling good about who you are
Check in with your emotional wellness:
- Do you see stress as something you can learn from or something to avoid?
- Are you aware of you bodily sensations, emotions, and behaviors when you are stressed?
- Do you allow yourself to experience emotions, just as they are?
- How do you care for yourself on a daily basis?
- Are you able to ask for help when you need it?
Explore Emotional Wellness
Feeling stressed is a normal and learning how to cope with stress is essential to being emotionally well. How each of us responds to stress is as individual as we are.
- How Can Emotional Wellness Impact Sleep?
- 20 Ways to Sleep Well
Communications & Relationships
UNH Resources to Enhance Emotional Wellness
The following services are available for all UNH students: