Would you like to discover how to make confident decisions that align with your values and goals to live the life that you vision? Wellness Coaching can help!
Wellness helps you reach your full potential by becoming aware of the interconnectedness of all aspects of your life through a positive and proactive process of self-exploration.
To understand wellness better, take a look at the Wellness Wheel. As you can see, no one area is more important than another, and all areas integrate together to create your personal wellness.
What is wellness coaching?
Our Wellness Counselors, Shannon Seiferth, MS, CHWC and Dawn D. Zitney, MEd, CHWC, have backgrounds in counseling and are certified to provide wellness coaching.
Wellness coaching is an affirming and supportive process to explore your life in meaningful ways to feel better about yourself and enhance your wellness.
Shannon and Dawn recognize that you are the expert in your own life. Their role is to be your partner in health to support you in creating lifestyle changes that are aligned with your personal goals and values.
Through a collaborative process, they will work with you to enhance your strengths and turn your challenges into victories. This is done by establishing appropriate action plans, offering support when you struggle, and celebrating when you succeed.
Why meet with a Wellness Coach?
You may or may not have a goal in mind when you seek out wellness coaching, and that is okay. We can figure it out together. We will help equip you with the tools you need to succeed with any goal(s) you are working towards. Wellness coaches can assist you with:
- Coping with stress
- Coping with transitions, such as coming to college or graduating
- Time and energy management
- Improving sleep
- Increasing confidence and making friends
- Enhancing assertive communication
- Enhancing relationships and creating meaningful connections with others
- Increasing overall happiness
- Implementing self-care strategies
- Coping with grief/loss
- Increasing self-compassion and combatting imposter syndrome and perfectionism
- Connecting with your authentic self
- Increasing body movement
What to expect?
Listening to what matters to you is the first step in our work together to co-create concrete lifestyle goals that are appropriate and achievable. Our approach is guided by our beliefs that:
- All individuals have the capacity to change and transform
- Through wellness coaching you can be inspired to harness your strengths, boost your confidence and feel motivated to take action
- Transformation is possible, and all transformation, small or large matters
- It’s important to share our expertise to provide you tools, support and guidance but you are the real expert in your life
- You can reach your full potential through lifestyle changes that align with your personal values
In the initial wellness coaching session (50 minutes) we will learn more about each other and the coaching process and complete a personalized wellness assessment. This assessment will be used throughout your relationship with your coach to help co-design your personal wellness plan that will include the creation of targeted action steps geared towards your identified goals. Follow-up sessions will be scheduled based on your individual needs.
Psychological and Counseling Services (PACS)
You may find your counseling needs are better served at Psychological and Counseling Services (PACS) in Smith Hall. PACS is UNH's primary mental health facility. They provide individual and group counseling and therapy for students who may be experiencing situational or ongoing psychological difficulties. Concerns students often address through PACS include: educational/academic goals, depression, anxiety, grief, eating disorders, substance abuse, sexual/physical/emotional abuse, self-harm/self-mutilation, sexual identity/orientation issues, traumatic situations or relationship issues. They also provide assistance for emotional and behavioral crises/emergencies. For additional information or an appointment, please call (603) 862-2090.