Wellness helps you reach your full potential by becoming aware of the interconnectedness of all aspects of your life through a positive and proactive process of self-exploration.
To understand wellness better, take a look at the wellness wheel. As you can see, no one area is more important than another, and all areas integrate together to create your personal wellness.
Would you like to discover how to better understand your personal wellness, make decisions that align with your personal goals and values, and live the life you want?
Meet with a Wellness Coach!
What is wellness coaching?
Wellness coaching is an affirming and supportive process to explore your life in meaningful ways to feel better about yourself and enhance your lifestyle.
Wellness coaches recognize that you are the expert in your own life. The role of a wellness coach is to be your partner in health to support you in creating lifestyle changes that are aligned with your personal goals and values.
Through a collaborative process, the wellness coach works with you to enhance your strengths and turn your challenges into victories. This is done by establishing appropriate action plans, offering support when you struggle and celebrating when you succeed.
Why meet with a Wellness Coach?
You may or may not have a goal in mind when you seek out wellness coaching, and that is okay. We can figure it out together. We will help equip you with the tools you need to succeed with any goal(s) you are working towards. Some of the ways a wellness coach can assist UNH students include:
- Adjust to UNH and find connections
- Cope with stress
- Time management
- Eat well
- Feel better about yourself
- Increase body movement
- Achieve fitness goals
- Assertive communication
- Enhance relationships
- Enhance overall lifestyle
- Academic performance (test anxiety)
- Decrease use of tobacco, alcohol, or other drugs
- Increase energy
- Create a positive outlook on life
What to expect?
Our staff are trained and certified to provide wellness coaching: Shannon Seiferth, MS, CHWC and Dawn D. Zitney, MEd, CWHC.
Listening to what matters to you is the first step in our work together to co-create concrete lifestyle goals that are appropriate and achievable. Our approach is guided by our beliefs that:
- All individuals have the capacity to change and transform
- Through wellness coaching you can be inspired to harness your strengths, boost your confidence and feel motivated to take action
- Transformation is possible, and all transformation, small or large matters
- It’s important to share our expertise to provide you tools, support and guidance but you are the real expert in your life
- You can reach your full potential through lifestyle changes that align with your personal values
Appointments - Free for students
In the initial wellness coaching session (50 minutes) we will learn more about each other and the coaching process and complete a personalized wellness assessment. This assessment will be used throughout your relationship with your coach to help co-design your personal wellness plan that will include the creation of targeted action steps geared towards your identified goals. Follow-up sessions will be scheduled based on your individual needs.
- Call (603) 862-3823
THE BEST TIME TO MAKE HEALTH AND WELLNESS CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE ARE WHEN YOU ARE READY. ARE YOU READY?