PACS Response to COVID-19
We first wish to empathize with the experience of students who are struggling to abruptly change plans. Our thoughts are with you all as you adjust to the changing landscape of this semester. For the latest information from UNH, please visit https://www.unh.edu/main/coronavirus.
- PACS will remain open at critical staffing levels. We will have the availability to consult with new and established students by phone. PACS hours are currently 9 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.
- In the event of a mental health crisis, we continue to be available to you.
As of today, we are able to offer crisis consultation for urgent and mental health emergencies during our business hours. If you are not on campus or it is after hours, please know that there are other resources available to you. You may access a trained counselor 24/7 through the Crisis Text Line by texting "HOME" to 741741. You can also speak with a trained crisis counselor by calling 800-273-8255. If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or visit your local emergency room. For additional crisis resources, click here: https://www.unh.edu/pacs/crisis-emergency-services
- Due to scheduled remote learning, for clients with previously scheduled appointments, your appointment has been cancelled due to critical staffing level. We will be available to discuss continuity of care. Please feel free to call PACS at 603-862-2090.
For most people stress reactions will lessen over the first few weeks. However, when symptoms are significantly impacting functioning, becoming harder to manage, or are increasing in severity then there is increased need for concern. We encourage you to reach out to PACS. Please call us at 603-862-2090.
Please continue to check the PACS website for resources and supports that we will continue to update.
Mental health tips for managing distress about COVID-19
- UNH Links:
- Our emergency info: https://www.unh.edu/pacs/crisis-emergency-services
- Self-help resources: https://www.unh.edu/pacs/self-help
- List of Mobile Apps: https://www.unh.edu/pacs/apps
- External Resources:
- Mental Health from CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fcoping.html
- Behavioral Health from SAMHSA: https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4894.pdf
- COVID-19, How to Respond Constructively from Action for Happiness: https://www.actionforhappiness.org/news/covid-19-how-to-respond
- Care for Coronavirus Anxiety: https://www.virusanxiety.com/
- Self-Care Tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_13Au6I4s40&feature=youtu.be
- The Hope Center COVID-19 Guide for Students: https://hope4college.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/BTFP_COVID19_GuideForStudents_v1.pdf?fbclid=IwAR17AWaQLRMtX2nVWPYoaQN1Ri_JT_UZUS7xdBmfe-DI--N9_BwvahU2ymQ
- TAO (Therapy Assistance Online) Mindfulness Exercise Video: https://www.taoconnect.org/mindfulness-exercise/
- Ball State University: Peaceful Strategies and Coronavirus
- The JED Foundation: https://www.loveislouder.com/