Ill or Injured
The Health & Wellness medical staff consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, medical assistants. We offer a team approach to helping you address your health concern. We provide the same type of care you receive from your primary health care provider.
Our clinicians can see you for medical evaluation and treatment for a variety of common health concerns including:
- Respiratory infections (e.g., cough, asthma attacks, etc.)
- Injuries (e.g., sprains, strains, acute pain, fractures, concussions, etc.)
- Infections (e.g., conjunctivitis, ear infections, sore throats, urinary tract infections, etc.)
- Seasonal flu
- Mental health
- Routine physicals for a variety of reasons
- Dermatology (e.g., acne, wart removal, evaluation/treatment of rashes, etc.)
- Intestinal disorders
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) testing and treatment
- HIV testing and counseling
- Travel immunizations
- Routine pelvic and breast exams
- Vaginal infections
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling/education
- Abnormal Pap Smear follow-up and treatment
- Contraception options counseling/ education and prescriptions
- Emergency contraception
- Pre-employment physicals
- Worker’s Compensation visits
Referrals to an outside specialist may also be given if deemed necessary.
Other Common Health Concerns
We can also assist with these health concerns:
- Tick bites, insect stings, etc.
- Acute allergic reactions
- Abdominal pain (uncomplicated history)
- Acute nausea/vomiting
- Headaches (acute migraine)
- Ear pain
- Flank pain
- Complementary Health
*We do not provide dental or vision care. Call 603-862-9355 for referrals to local providers.
Individual medical excuses are not provided for students missing classes or exams due to illness. It is the student’s responsibility to inform professors of illness or reasons for absence. This policy is supported by the Academic Standards and Advising Committee. Professors are advised to consult with their Associate Dean.