Dear Members of the UNH Durham Community—
Spring Break is quickly approaching and we are writing with guidance around COVID-19 testing. There is no testing requirement over Spring Break and no reminder emails or texts will be sent.
If you regularly test biweekly and will be on campus or in the Durham area over Spring Break please drop a test, even if you are not scheduled. Your next test date will automatically be scheduled for two weeks after Spring Break. This will help the COVID Lab manage anticipated heavy volume.
If you have not uploaded proof of vaccination and regularly test once or twice a week, your Wildcat Pass will remain valid for 14 days after your last test result, but you will have missed tests. Please plan accordingly or use the exemption form to avoid missed tests.
Spring Break (week of March 14-18):
- Drop boxes will close Thursday, March 10, at 4 p.m.
- Drop boxes will be open Monday, March 14-Thursday, March 17.
- Drop boxes will close at 4 p.m. Thursday, March 17, and reopen Monday, March 21.
- The MUB COVID-19 Office will be open Monday, March 14-Friday, March 18, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The New England Center (NEC) COVID Testing Site will be closed Friday, March 11–Saturday, March 19. Rapid tests will not be available on campus during this time. If you have symptoms go to Health & Wellness.
After Spring Break:
- Test kit distribution is March 21-25 in the lobby of the Whittemore Center (Whitt). Distribution is Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. The MUB COVID office will be closed this week.
- The NEC COVID Testing Site will reopen Monday, March 21; 11 a.m.-4 p.m. (Mon., Tues., Thurs.-Sat.)
- If you tested positive within the last 90 days check your Wildcat Pass for when your testing resumes.
- If possible, take a test before returning to campus. If you experience symptoms after you return do not use a drop box; go to the NEC Testing Site.
We hope you have a fun and safe Spring Break. If you plan to travel, remember to check COVID testing requirements for your destination and have a backup plan should you find yourself delayed in your return. Wherever you are, take precautions to protect yourself from illness and injury.
Chief of Police /Associate VP for Public Safety and Risk Management and Co-Chair of UNH Testing and Tracing Committee
Senior Vice Provost for Research, Economic Engagement and Outreach; and Co-Chair of UNH Testing and Tracing Committee