A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-favored savings account that, when paired with Cigna's Open Access Plus (a qualified High Deductible Health Plan), allows you to pay for eligible healthcare expenses tax-free. Money left in the account is portable, and is yours to keep. Your account is administered by Cigna HSAbank. Log into your Cigna account and then access your HSA information via the drop down menu under "Review My Coverage".
- Your combined maximum contribution (yours and USNH’s) is $3,600 for Employee Only coverage and $7,200 for all other coverage levels.
- If you will be 55 or older by December 31, 2021, you can contribute $1,000 more to your HSA throughout the year.
- Employees can make pre-tax payroll contributions, and have the flexibility to increase, decrease or stop the contribution at any time.
- You earn interest on your balance, and invest the funds once you have $2,000 saved.
- There is no maximum limit to your balance.
- Should you leave employment, you can take it with you.
For more information about an HSA, review the appropriate employee USNH Benefits guidebooks.