A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-favored savings account that, when paired with Cigna's Open Access Plus (a qualified High Deductible Health Plan), allows you to pay for eligible healthcare expenses tax-free. Money left in the account is portable, and is yours to keep. Your account is administered by Cigna HSAbank. Log into your Cigna account and then access your HSA information via the drop down menu under "Review My Coverage".
- USNH funds the HSA of Open Access Plus enrollees with $750* for Single and $1500* for Two-Person or Family
- Amount is pro-rated if hired after January 1.
- *UNH Lecturers United enrollee accounts are funded with $600 for Single and $1200 for Two-Person or Family for 2020.
- *AAUP Faculty enrollee accounts are funded with $700 for Single and $1300 for Two-Person or Family for 2020.
- Employees can make pre-tax payroll contributions, and have the flexibility to increase, decrease or stop the contribution at any time.
- You can have a maxium combined contribution (Employee and USNH) of $3,500 (single), $7,100 (2 person/family). If you will be 55 or older by December 31, 2020 you can contribute additional $1,000. Your balance rolls over from year to year.
- You earn interest on your balance, and invest the funds once you have $2,000 saved.
- There is no maximum limit to your balance.
- Should you leave employment, you can take it with you.
For more information about an HSA, review the appropriate employee USNH Benefits guidebooks.