These are a few of the resources and benefits available for employees at UNH and through USNH. We encourage you to access and utilize these resources to support you in your health and wellness goals.
Campus Recreation - located at the Hamel Recreation Center, Campus Recreation manages several campus facilities available to support you in being active at UNH. Some areas of Campus Recreation you can take advantage of as a Faculty/Staff member are:
- Indoor Pool - located inside the Field House
- Mendum's Pond - 200 acre pond and recreation area located in Barrington. Take your UNH ID card to the Hamel Recreation Center main desk and they will give you a sticker for free access to Mendum's Pond.
- Camp Wildcat - A day camp held on UNH Durham campus during the summer months for children in 1st through 7th grade.
- Group Exercise Classes - Campus recreation holds classes throughout the year that are available for a drop-in fee service, or at a reduced rate (if you are a member of the Hamel Recreation Center).
Employee Fitness Program - A facility located on the 2nd floor of the Field House. This fitness center is managed and operated by the UNH Kinesiology department and is open 5 days a week during the academic year and M/W/F during the summer months. The schedule is available on their website and free of charge to use the facility for UNH employees.
Healthy UNH - Formed in the fall of 2008 through a charge from President Mark Huddleston to improve the health of the campus community while decreasing healthcare costs, the Healthy UNH website has extensive resources and information to assist you in making decisions about health care facilities, medical testing, nutrition, and a very extensive searchable wellness database that provides health and wellness programming information available to students, Faculty and Staff at UNH!
SHARPP - Sexual Harassment and Rape Prevention office on campus provides services to victims/survivors of sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking regardless of gender, age, health status (including HIV-positive), physical, mental, emotional ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, socio-economic status, race, national origin, immigration status, or religious or political affiliation.
UNH Health & Wellness - Offers traditional and hot stone massage therapy with licensed massage therapists to current UNH students and USNH faculty and staff. All massages are 50 minutes long.
USNH Health and Wellness - Some ongoing programming that is part of your core benefits that USNH and UNH HR promote for our employees are:
- Employee Assistance Program (KEPRO) website - Provides access to information and resources to enhance your life and personal well being. For information on personal growth, emotional wellness, parenting, managing change, self assessments, online training modules, and financial calculators, this site is a comprehensive resource for you and your family.
- Smoking Cessation - Information and resources
- NH Governors Council on Physical Activity and Health
- State Walking Events - searchable database for walking events across the U.S.
- The Walking Site
- U.S. Physical Activity Guidelines
- USNH Health & Wellness
- Healthy UNH
- Map My Walk