The process and forms for this methodology of performance management for introductory/annual reviews should only be used by employees and supervisors who have participated in this training delivery.
If you have questions, please contact your HR Partner.
The Coaching for Performance Approach
- Role of Manager/Supervisor as a Coach, not as a judge
- Focuses on the present and future
- Annual Competencies are individualized
- Emphasizes ongoing dialogue
Why Use the Coaching Approach?
- Fits a 21st century workforce by
- Moving away from transactional management;
- Increasing employee engagement, creativity and productivity; and
- Increasing accountability.
- Supports Succession Planning
- Promotes a “Learning Organization” Culture
For staff and faculty using this methodology:
If you missed your department presentations for 'Coach' or 'Coachee', are a new hire employee, or would like a refresher - Please Register for Coaching for Performance modules presented by HR Staff by visiting the HR Training registration site.
Supporting Topics are also available on:
- Effective Messaging
- Emotional Intelligence
- Goal Setting and Professional Development
- Managing Performance Concerns
- Motiviating Through Merit