The process and forms for this methodology of performance management for introductory/annual reviews should only be used by employees and supervisors who have participated in this training delivery.
REMINDER: UNH deadline to submit completed Performance Reviews for FY18 is October 20, 2018.
If you have questions, please contact your HR Partner.
The Coaching for Performance Approach
- Role of Manager/Supervisor as a Coach, not as a judge
- Focuses on the present and future
- Annual Competencies are individualized
- Emphasizes ongoing dialogue
Why Use the Coaching Approach?
- Fits a 21st century workforce by
- Moving away from transactional management;
- Increasing employee engagement, creativity and productivity; and
- Increasing accountability.
- Supports Succession Planning
- Promotes a “Learning Organization” Culture
For staff and faculty using this methodology:
If you missed your department presentations for 'Coach' or 'Coachee', are a new hire employee, or would like a refresher - Please Register for Coaching for Performance modules presented by HR Staff by visiting the HR Training registration site: https://hrtraining.unh.edu/apps/ssr?action=courses
Supporting Topics are also available on:
- Effective Messaging
- Emotional Intellience
- Goal Setting and Professional Development
- Managing Performance Concerns
- Motiviating Through Merit