UNH uses three types of postdoctoral appointments:
- Postdoctoral Research or Teaching Associate
- NIH Postdoctoral Trainee
- Postdoctoral Fellow
Postdoctoral appointees are pre-professionals who hold the Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and come to the University for a limited period under the guidance of a University of New Hampshire faculty mentor to further their professional development by engaging in independent or original research or teaching, or an advanced training program.
Paid Time Off:
- UTime Leave Benefits - Personal Time, Sick Time, Family Care, Bereavement, etc.
- Exempt Leave Record - FY21
- Track your accruals and usage using this form, located in the Time & Leave section of the Forms page.
- Benefit Change Overview - Effective July 1, 2020
- Faculty / Staff New Hire Guide
- USNH Retirement Plan Enrollment Guide
UNH is pleased to announce a change to the benefits platform available to Post Doctoral employees. Effective July 1, 2020 the Health and Wellness Benefit options and Paid Time Off programs will align with Faculty/Staff not coverage by collective bargaining agreements. This update provides for new benefit coverage options such as voluntary Vision, Life Insurance, short and long term disability coverage as well as leave benefits such as increased personal time and paid parental leave.