Please note: Information for Employees on leaving the University is available at Employee Exit Information & Checklist
The supervisor of a faculty or staff member who is terminating employment with the University has the following responsibilities:
- Contact your Business Service Center (BSC) to have a termination document initiated. Provide BSC with the employee’s up-to-date leave record and resignation letter.
- Contact your BSC to cancel employee's PCard.
- Retrieve University keys and forward to the Lock Shop, Leavitt Center (2-2736). If applicable, contact security vendor to cancel PIN access for electronically secured buildings.
- Retrieve UNH ID Card and forward to Human Resources, Nesmith Hall.
- Retrieve UNH Parking Permit and forward to UNH Parking Services.
- Verify all employee computer accounts have been disabled. UNH IT (Information Technology) will automatically deactivate all IT related computer accounts on the termination date set in the Banner HR system. It is the responsibility of supervisors and managers to follow account deactivation policies for computer accounts managed by departments other than UNH IT. More information can be found online on the IT Account Deactivation page.
- Log in here to contact Telecommunications:
- To cancel long distance authorization codes, please visit our web form.
- To reassign telecom voice and data services please visit Telecomm site.
- Contact Banner.HR.email@example.com if employee is a Banner HR user to cancel their Banner HR account and provide the employee’s name and termination date.
- Contact the IT Service Desk at 2-4242 if you need to cancel a Banner Student account.
- Ensure that all work-related files are saved to the appropriate IT server, and are not sitting on the hard drive of the terminated employee’s computer.
- If there is a need to access the terminated employee’s work-related email, ensure that the emails are archived to a .pst file that has been saved to the appropriate IT server. The IT Service Desk or the department IT SLA can provide assistance.
- Upon receiving departmental approval to advertise the open position, post the job opening at: jobs.usnh.edu/hr. Contact HR at 862-0503 if assistance is needed.
For Staff Employees Only:
- Receive from the staff member a written termination notice of 2-weeks (Operating Staff) or 30 days (exempt staff), and forward a copy to Human Resources.
- Notify employee they can schedule an Exit interview with their HR Partner.
- If applicable, retrieve uniforms.
A faculty or staff member who plans to leave employment at the University is responsible for the following:
- Employee’s final payments will be issued in the same manner as previous payments. Please review your permanent/postal mailing address in WISE (wise.unh.edu) and update if necessary. The permanent/postal address is where any necessary communications will be mailed to, including Form W-2. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be paid for any unused vacation time/earned time in accordance with policy.
- If you change your mailing address, fill out the Change of Address Form and return to UNH Human Resources, 2 Leavitt Lane. Include your USNH ID number in order to receive voluntary correspondence and your W-2 tax with-holding statement. If you do not receive a W-2, contact USNH Payroll at 862-1400.
- Faculty / Staff do NOT keep their UNH Box Accounts. Move any personal files in UNH Box to an external Box account prior to your last day. Update any ownership or access to UNH data in Box to other members of your department. Review these IT KB Instructions.
- Turn in your UNH Photo ID card to Human Resources
- Return library books to the Library
- Return PCard to the department
- Return keys and office equipment to the department
- Return UNH Parking Permit to the department
- Contact Accounts Payable if you have outstanding travel advances/vouchers.
- If you have been issued a personal authorization code to make personal long distance calls log in here to cancel and submit the long distance authorization codes web form.
- Parking Services will be notified of your termination date. If you have questions in this regard, please contact Parking Services at 862-1010.
- Remove all business-related emails from personal phone
For Staff Employees Only:
- Provide a written termination notice to your supervisor. A two-week written notice is required for non-exempt staff (OS). A 30-day written notice is required for exempt staff.
- You have the option to schedule an Exit Interview with UNH Human Resources (applies to Staff only). Contact your HR Partner to schedule a meeting prior to your exit.