Employee FAQ's

Here you’ll find answers to some common questions that HR receives:

Payroll issues all W-2 forms. You may reach them at (603) 862-1400.  They are also available and accessible in electronic form by logging into your WISE account.

You only need to submit a W-4 when you have a change in marital status or the number of exemptions, or if you want additional money taken out. If you are non-status, you can use a W-4 to change your home mailing address. If you claim EXEMPT on your W-4, you need to submit a new W-4 each year by February 15 to continue claiming EXEMPT. Changes to your W-4 can be electronically by logging into your WISE account, or you can submit the form to HR Services, 2 Leavitt Lane.

At the University of New Hampshire, we employ youths between the ages of 14 and 17. Youths between the ages of 14 and 15 are required to have working papers that have been signed by the parent or legal guardian. They get these working papers from their school system. Youths between the ages of 16 and 17 are required to have a State of New Hampshire Proof of Permission for the Employment of a Youth age 16 or 17 Form signed by the youth's parent or legal guardian permitting the employment on file with Human Resources. This written document is required even if the 17 year old youth has graduated from high school. Additional information is available here.

For Faculty and Staff regular pay continues as long as the employee submits a check to the University for the amount of their Jury Duty earnings (not including reimbursement for travel and meals). For more information view the USNH Leave policy regarding Jury Duty and Witness Leave.

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a prepaid benefit by the University System of New Hampshire (USNH). It offers a highly professional, confidential counseling and referral service to employees and your families (spouse and dependents) to provide assistance with a variety of issues that may interfere with your work or personal life. Local counselors are available off-campus (anywhere in the U.S.) and in your home communities. For more information visit the EAP web page

Both vendor representatives (TIAA and Fidelity Investments) are on the Durham campus several times each month.  Representative’s are available to meet with you in person or over the phone. To view campus visit dates and to schedule an appointment see Retirement Information Sessions.

You may proceed with your issue by contacting your HR Partner for assistance. The Fast and Impartial Resolution (FAIR) complaint and grievance process provides for the fair and equitable resolution of complaints, misunderstandings, and grievances for University benefits-eligible employees who are not in the initial introductory period.

If you are looking to post a non-USNH vacancy, please contact our UNH Career Center at 603-862-2064. You can also visit their website at: www.unh.edu/uacc

Login to your WISE account  https://wise.unh.edu/ - then select Personal Information tab, then Update Address(es) and Phone(s).  This will also update your home address for all of your core USNH benefits (medical, dental, life insurance), including the Retirement vendors - TIAA and/or Fidelity.

Complete the USNH Legal Name Change form and return to UNH Human Resources.