Summer Session Registration & Deadlines

Course Load Policy

Most summer courses are regular UNH credit courses offered at an accelerated pace. 

NOTE: Degree students wishing to enroll in more than 12 credits in the summer must receive written permission from their college dean.

How to Register

Students with WEBCAT Accounts

New Non-Degree Students

UNH Benefits-Eligible Employees

Employees whom have previously registered for a course, register online via MyUNH/WEBCAT
Step by step registration instructions

Employees registering for the first time must register in-person or call the Office of the Registrar.


Continuing Education (non-degree) students must pay tuition and fees at the time of registration to avoid being dropped for non-payment.

UNH degree students will be billed electronically through MyUNH according to the Student Accounts billing schedule.

UNH benefits-eligible employees after registering, must submit tuition waiver requests online at to be financially cleared.

All other individuals planning to use financial aid, external tuition waivers or any other form of payment must provide documentation of that payment method at the time of registration.

For classes in Durham, documentation may be faxed to 603-862-2626 or scanned and emailed to

For classes in Manchester, documentation may be faxed to 603-641-4125 or scanned and emailed to

UNH accepts the following methods of payment: cash (please, do not mail), check (payable to UNH), credit card, financial aid, or credit from previous semester. Please note there is a 2.75% processing fee for all credit card payments.

Adding a Course

Refer to the Summer Academic Calendar and Deadlines for registration/add dates.
Refer to the Course Schedule for detailed course information including course restrictions which may require instructor permission.

After the add deadline by petition only.

Eligibility Requirements

The eligibility requirements for enrolling in credit-bearing courses include:

  • A high school diploma or equivalent.
  • Demonstrated successful academic performance.
  • Successful completion of all course prerequisites.
  • Not currently under disciplinary sanctions from another college or university, or court-ordered probation or other sanctions.

*The University reserves the right to restrict registration to those who can demonstrate the completion of the above requirements and to bar registration or withdraw a student who upon request fails to provide proper documentation or who demonstrates unacceptable performance once enrolled.

Undergraduate Level Courses

Undergraduate courses (numbered 200-799) are open to individuals who hold a high school diploma or GED.

High school juniors and seniors with strong academic skills may enroll through the CATS (Challenging Academically Talented Students) Program.

Graduate Level Courses

Graduate courses (numbered 800-999) are open to individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.

How to Drop a Course

Students may drop summer courses in Webcat through the end of the drop period. Step by step instructions for students.  After the drop deadline requests to drop are by petition only.

Academic Policy - Transcripts

IF course is dropped on or before the drop deadline nothing appears on a transcript.

IF course is dropped after the drop deadline a 'W' will appear on a transcript. 'W' does not impact GPA.

IF course is dropped after mid-semester, a WP or WF will appear on a transcript. WP does not impact GPA; WF will impact GPA. Mid-semester is determined by counting the number of days in the course.