Course Load Policy
Due to the intensive format of January Term, ALL students are limited to registering for one* course and a maximum of 4 credits.
*One Course Exception: Students may register for more than one course provided the courses DO NOT meet concurrently and the total credits DO NOT exceed the 4 credit maximum.
Deadlines January Term 2022
- October 18: Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. No RAC, instructor or advisor signature required.
Students without Webcat accounts must register by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment due at time of registration for non-degree students; degree students will be billed.
- December 23: Noon deadline for students without Webcat accounts registering for any courses beginning Dec 28. Must register by phone or email email@example.com.
- December 24 - 31: Offices closed. Regular business hours resume Jan 3.
- December 28: Online courses begin.
- January 3: On campus courses begin.
- January 3: LAST DAY to ADD classes on Webcat.
- January 3: LAST DAY to DROP with REFUND. Full tuition and fees refunded. Refund policies may vary for a study away course.
- January 6: LAST DAY to DROP without petition. No refund available.
Note: Courses dropped between January 6-7 by approved petition will result in a 'W' on transcript.
- January 7: Mid-semester. Note: Courses dropped by approved petitions after this date will result in a 'WP' (passing) or 'WF' (failing) grade. 'WF' does affect GPA.
- January 21: Classes end.
- February 4: Faculty grade submission deadline at Noon.
Note: Pass/Fail option is available for degree students only.
Auditing a course is not permitted during January Term.
Students with WEBCAT Accounts
New Non-Degree Students (students without a Webcat account)
- Email: Please send a completed non-degree registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms will only be accepted if non-degree registration has started. Please see the Master Calendar for a comprehensive list of registration dates.
- In-Person: Office of the Registrar, 11 Garrison Ave., Stoke Hall, Room 180, Durham.