Degree Works - Degree Evaluation

Degree Works is the degree evaluation and audit tool available to students, faculty and advisors to view progress toward degree completion. It assists in planning coursework and includes a “what-if” feature to evaluate an academic record against other UNH majors when considering a change.

It is a student's responsibility to monitor degree progress and all requirements are met.

Academic Policies

Account Access

  • Undergraduate students automatically have access.
  • Tenure-track faculty, lecturer faculty, and professional advisor account requests are approved if the department has assigned formal academic advising as a responsibility.
  • Support staff account requests are approved if responsibilities include administrative support for the department’s advising activities.

Questions? Contact

Degree Works is available through Webcat.

Resources for Faculty & Staff

Web Browsers: Firefox recommended. Internet Explorer not recommended (requires clearing cache often).

General Information for Students & Faculty

Degree Works is a Web-based tool for advisors and students to monitor their academic progress toward degree completion. Degree Works allows students and their advisors to plan future academic coursework. Students will also be able to do a “what-if” scenario to evaluate an academic record against other UNH majors when considering a change.

This degree audit is a guide to use when planning your progress toward completion of the above requirements. Undergraduate students should contact their academic advisor for assistance in interpreting the audit. Graduate students should contact their graduate department office. Prospective undergraduate transfer students should contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office. This audit is not official notification of completion of degree requirements.

A degree audit is a review of past, current and in progress coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree and major.

Blocks are a list of each group of requirements you will need to satisfy in order to complete your degree.

Yes. Access to Degree Works (DW) is through the Web. Anywhere you can log in to Webcat will allow you access to the Degree Works System.

No. DW is a snapshot of courses that are in progress and completed. Registration will continue to be handled through Webcat.

Yes. DW is laid out in block format displaying degree and major requirements. Look for unchecked boxes to identify requirements that you still need to complete.

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of each term, they are viewable in DW. Courses in progress are reflected with an "IP" in the grade column.

Undergraduate students consult your academic advisor for a review of your audit.

Graduate students consult your graduate department office for a review of your audit.

Understanding the Audit

DW uses the information that is current from your transcript. You will be able to view any courses that have been completed/registered for/transferred. Keep in mind that any pending transfer work or grade changes will not appear on your audit until processed.

Your audit will outline courses still needed to meet degree and major requirements within each specific block. You may then use this information to discuss your plan with your academic advisor.

It could be you have not met the minimum grade requirement or credit requirement for the course. If you have questions please see your advisor.

Not all transfer classes slot automatically into major requirements; many require manual intervention

Undergraduate students please speak with your advisor. Your advisor can use the ‘Major Requirement Variance Petition’ to rectify this problem.

Graduate students please speak with your graduate department office.

Use the "What‐if" feature within DW and select your proposed degree and major. Click "Process What-if" button to see how your coursework will be applied for the new major.

Yes, if you repeated a course it will appear on your audit.

You should contact your advisor to resolve any substitution issue. Your advisor can use the "Major Requirement Variance Petition" to rectify this.

In most situations, yes. DW is programmed to recognize that some courses can fulfill more than one requirement. If you have any questions, contact your academic advisor.

Not necessarily. If you have applied to graduate, the Office of the Registrar will perform a final audit after all final grades have been submitted to determine if you are eligible to graduate.

I'm thinking of changing my major

Yes. The “What-If” function will perform an audit based on the hypothetical major and will show how your completed and current coursework meets the requirements of the proposed major.

The system will automatically save the last three “What-If” scenarios run. You should let your advisor know that you have run a new "What If".

Yes. DW will automatically save your last 3 "What-If" scenerios. To print or save a pdf click "Save PDF" button.

After consulting with your advisor, you may change your academic program using the Change of Program process.

Using “What If” Feature of Degree Works

“What If” function allows you to hypothetically change your major. The “What If” audit will show you what coursework is required for the new major, what courses you have taken that satisfy requirements, and what courses would still be left.

Select “What-If” function which is on the left.

  • Use the drop down menus to select the degree and major you’d like to change to. For catalog year you must choose the current term.
  • Then select the "Process What-If” button.
  • This will remove the requirement blocks for your current major and apply the requirement blocks for the major you’re considering.
  • This is not a permanent swap. To return to your current major audit, click on the "Worksheets" tab.
  • If you would like to change your major, please see your academic advisor.

No. The “What If” function is for information purposes only.

GPA Calculator Function

The Graduation Calculator is a tool to assist you in planning for completing your degree with a desired GPA.

The Term Calculator will show you your estimated cumulative GPA after you fill in hypothetical grade information. By putting in your current earned credits and GPA and placing your in-progress courses in the table along with the grade you anticipate receiving for each course; you will see a hypothetical cumulative GPA based on the estimates you provided.

No. This is an estimate only.