Diplomas are mailed 4-6 weeks after the graduation certification process.

Diploma covers are given at Commencement.


  • Associate, Baccaleureate, Master 8”x10”
  • PhD 11”x14”
  • JD 14”x17”

Honors Designations

Associate degree diplomas
Students must have completed a minimum of 32 graded UNH credits (not including CR or P grades).

AA/AS/AAS and GPA required: Fall 2015 and after:
Highest Honors 3.85-4.00
High Honors 3.65-3.84
Honors 3.50-3.64

Bachelor degree diplomas, includes, if applicable, completion of University Honors, Honors in Major, and/or Latin Honors.
Students must have completed a minimum of 64 graded UNH credits (not including CR or P grades).

BA/BS and GPA required for: Fall 2015 and after:
Summa Cum Laude 3.85-4.00
Magna Cum Laude 3.65-3.84
Cum Laude 3.50-3.64

Graduate degree diplomas
Do not include honors designations.


Will appear exactly as in the student information system.
For changes, complete a Name Change form.
If special characters are not reflected, contact registrar.records@unh.edu for inclusion.

Preferred Name
Students may request use of their preferred name on their diploma. Once a student has designated a preferred name in Webcat, they may request that to be displayed on the diploma by emailing registrar.records@unh.edu.
The University reserves the right to remove a preferred name if it contains inappropriate or offensive language or is being used for misrepresentation.

Mailing Address

Diplomas are mailed to the address provided when applying to graduate. 

Do not provide a campus mailing address.

Verify mailing address, in WEBCAT and select Personal Information.

International Address

May delay receiving diploma. Contact registrar.records@unh.edu for more information.

Holds on Accounts

Students with Financial Aid Exit Counseling holds or with unpaid account balances will not have a diploma ordered until the holds have been cleared.

To view holds, log in to WEBCAT (Select: Registration>View Holds).

Once holds on accounts are satisfied, notify the Graduation Office at registrar.records@unh.edu and a diploma will be ordered.

Replacement or Additional Diplomas

Diplomas are ordered twice monthly.

Rush service with fee.

Note: Granite State College students that graduated prior to the University of New Hampshire/Granite State College merger (July 1, 2023) are not eligible to request a University of New Hampshire diploma, and transcripts will indicate the degree was earned from Granite State College.

Questions? Contact registrar.records@unh.edu

Replacement or Additional Diploma Order Form