- Commencement refers to the formal ceremony, an annual event held in May.
Note: Walking in the Commencement ceremony does not mean you have officially graduated.
- Degree Conferral refers to the academic action processed by the Office of the Registrar after successful completion of all degree requirements.
Eligibility to Participate
- Must be within 8 credits of completing degree requirements.
Not within 8 credits? You may petition your college dean for permission to participate.
- You must have applied to graduate for May, or the following September or December.
The Commencement Office will invite the previous September and December graduates to attend.
Register to Participate
- Students must register with the University Ceremonies and Events after applying to graduate.
- All details and information is available from University Ceremonies and Events.