Financial Aid

Summer Session

Various forms of financial aid are available to qualified individuals enrolled in summer credit courses at UNH.

Degree students who have filed their 2017-18 FAFSA and wish to use a portion of their Stafford Loan or an Alternative Loan to pay for summer classes must complete a Summer Loan Course Form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office prior to registration. Summer Work Study is also available for qualified degree students.

Non-degree students may consider alternative loan options for payment of UNH credit course tuition and fees.

Please visit the UNH Financial Aid website or call (603) 862-3600 for more information.

GI Bill Benefits Summer Session info sheet.


January Term

Participation in January Term can have an affect on a student's academic year financial aid or full-or part-time status at UNH. For example, a student who earns four credits during January Term and eight credits during the UNH spring semester is considered a full-time student.

Financial aid may be used if you have a credit from fall or spring packages. If you use a portion of your spring semester financial aid package and subsequently do not enroll in the spring semester, you are liable for any January Term course charges.
Students currently enrolled in the spring Nelnet Campus Commerce may add January Term charges to their accounts. Students must contact Nelnet Campus Commerce to increase their monthly budget payment.

For alternate forms of financial assistance please contact the Financial Aid Office at (603) 862-3600.