Modality is the mode or method of instruction a course is delivered.
- Not every course will be available in every course delivery modality.
- Some classes that are listed as online may have recitations or lab sections that are face-to-face and scheduled separately for the same course.
Locating an instruction mode on the course schedule
You can determine the specific course delivery mode by the attributes assigned to a course.
Attributes are indicators (i.e., tags/characteristics) assigned to courses and found listed on courses at courses.unh.edu and Webcat.
Key to course modality attributes:
- EUNH - Course with an online component
- ONLO - Online (no campus visits)
- SYNC - Synchronous, Scheduled meeting times
- HYBR - Hybrid, Online with some campus visits
- RA - Rotational Attendance (Displayed beginning 7/24)