Declare or Change Major

Student in a lab

Durham campus baccalaureate degree students may request a change of major/option, add a second major/option or drop a second major/option using the online process in Webcat.

File a Change of Program Form to:

  • Add or drop a third major
  • Add a self designed major
  • Change from a four year program to a Thompson School program
  • Change to/from UNHM
  • Declare or drop a dual degree

Required signatures in the following order:

  1. Advisor(s)
  2. Current Dean of College (University Advising and Career Center if changing from or to the College of Liberal Arts).
  3. New Advisor(s)
  4. New College Dean

Dual Degree

If applying for a dual degree, students must have the approval/signatures of both advisors in both Departments. If the dual degree is across college lines, the Deans in both colleges must sign the forms and the new Dean is the approving member.

Students must complete at least 160 credit hours to receive a Dual Degree. The degrees cannot both be BA degrees. A student may earn two BS degrees if the degrees are substantially different in content.

Students outside on UNH campus

Declare Minor

Approved minors are listed in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog and general rules about minors.

Declaring a minor:

  1. Check with the Department of the minor for specific requirements. Some departments require filing an Intent-to-Minor Form.
  2. When all requirements are completed or during your last semester, file a Certification of Completion of Minor.
  3. College Dean forwards the form to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
  4. Minors are posted to the student's record once all coursework is completed.
  5. Minors do not appear on diplomas.