Those in the following categories are eligible for Summer Housing:
- Students taking summer courses at UNH (in-person and/or remote)
- Students doing research or work with a campus department
- UNH student athletes required to stay on campus for training
- Students who otherwise have approved business at the University.
Course schedule information or confirmation from sponsoring department will need to be provided to the Housing assignments team at the time of your application.
Housing will be provided in Congreve Hall, in single occupancy rooms only. The building is air-conditioned. Space is limited and those with classes will be prioritized. Students who need on-campus housing for the summer whose circumstances fall outside of the above listed approved reasons will be accepted only by exception at the discretion of UNH Housing. To make a request, file your application under the "other" category and explain your compelling situation. Finalized information about dates and rates coming soon!
Summer Dining Information
A summer meal plan will be mandatory regardless of length of stay in summer housing. Dining information:
|Cost Per Meal||$8.50||$8.25||$8.00||$7.75|
Find out more information about Dining here.
All students who are approved to remain in on-campus housing at Congreve will be expected to comply with UNH's COVID safety protocols. All policy expectations and details will be shared with our summer occupants as they become known to Housing.
We look forward to having you on-campus this summer!
Summer Internship Housing
Summer Internship Housing
-Beginning summer 2021-
You've landed the internship, let us take care of the rest!
Stay at the beautiful University of New Hampshire campus while you are completing your local summer internship! The UNH campus offers affordable summer housing in Congreve Hall where you will enjoy single rooms comfortably furnished and complete with air-conditioning and Wi-Fi. We are located just minutes from Portsmouth and only an hour from Boston. Dover, Rochester, and other seacoast towns are also close by. It's an easy commute from our campus to the beaches, White Mountains and Lakes. During your stay, you can even catch the train from the UNH Dairy Bar and travel from Brunswick, Maine to Boston, Massachusetts and beyond!
Dates & Deadlines
Summer housing will be available on a first-come, first-served basis from late May-early August, Summer 2021
- Individuals must be 18-years or older and enrolled in an educational internship program
- Proof of internship verification must be provided by employer
Enjoy living in the centrally located Congreve Hall which offers:
- Single occupancy room, fully furnished with air conditioning and a shared bathroom
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Cable ready access
- Parking on campus
- Access to the Hamel Recreation Center (fitness facilities), outdoor pool and Mendums Pond
- Up to $20 Cat's Cache credit towards on-site laundry or dining
- *For those interested in summer dining options while on campus, find out more information here.
What You Need to Know
- Full payment in advance will be required
- All summer interns will be responsible for understanding and abiding by the Housing and Campus policies as listed in our Students Rights Rules & Responsibilities. Policy violations may result in loss of housing privileges without refund, and notification to your internship program about misconduct.