Welcome to the summer employment application for the Department of Housing!
We are excited you are considering the opportunity to work with UNH Housing for Summer 2023! This important work contributes to the safe and positive living environment of our Wildcat community and campus guests. We greatly value our student employees and are proud to offer the following benefits to all successful candidates working with us this summer:
- Starting rate of pay for every position is $13.00
- If you have worked with UNH Housing previously or assume a Team Lead position, your rate of pay may be higher
- Summer Employment begins on May 22, 2023 through the end of August
- Free parking on-campus
- Opportunity to participate in a comprehensive leadership program to all who are interested – sessions occur during paid work hours
- 32 to 37 hours per week with 4-day work week opportunities
VISIT your housing portal TO APPLY!
Navigate to the "Employment" tab and apply to the "Housing Summer Employment 2023" application.
We look forward to reviewing your application! If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Summer Jobs
SUMMER RESIDENTIAL HOUSEKEEPING CREW
The Housekeeping crew will be hiring approximately 60 dependable individuals to help prepare our residence halls and on-campus apartments for incoming summer and fall occupants. Specific duties include but are not limited to setting furniture, cleaning windows and other surfaces, and sweeping/vacuuming. We are looking for staff who are flexible, reliable, and have a good work ethic and attention to detail. Employees will be assigned primary areas of focus once hired.
Specialized positions in laundry maintenance may be available – see below.
LAUNDRY MAINTENANCE ASSISTANTS – 2 positions available
- Assist staff with the maintenance, repair and installation of laundry machines such as washers/dryers. Staff will be responsible for cleaning laundry areas and machines, working with cleaning supplies, and will also use basic hand and power tools. Work is performed under supervision of qualified personnel. High work standards, good work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to work on a team is a must.
HOSPITALITY PREP CREW
The Summer Conference Team is looking to hire four (4) Hospitality Prep Crew (HPC) Staff to assist Conference Managers in providing superior customer service to summer guests in on-campus housing, during check-ins and check-outs and for guests’ duration on campus.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing guest rooms by moving and modifying beds/furniture
- Providing conference stay materials
- Delivering clean linen and making beds when needed
- Retrieving conference items, including linen, when guests depart
- Inspecting rooms before and after groups’ use of the residence halls or apartments
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as managing inventory supplies and creating move-in packets
Candidates must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, be over the age of 18, and have a valid driver’s license.
HOUSING NETWORK SYSTEMS ASSISTANT
Housing Network Systems staff are looking for two (2) individuals to assist in repair, maintenance, and updates to card access and laundry point of sale systems equipment. On-the-job training will be provided. Employees will work with basic hand and power tools. Work performed under supervision of qualified personnel. High work standards, good work ethic, attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to work on a team are a must.
RESIDENTIAL/APARTMENT PREP CREW
We are looking for approximately 100 dependable and hardworking individuals to provide upcoming UNH students consistently clean, healthy, safe and homey environments in the on-campus halls and apartments. Ideal candidates, including Team Leads, are flexible and reliable, have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and work well in team settings.
This crew is responsible for overall upkeep, painting, repairs, and grounds in all residential areas, including the Gables and Woodside complexes. Employees will be assigned primary areas of focus once hired. On-the-job training will be provided and no prior experience is necessary. Lifting and physical labor are significant aspects of the job. General duties include but are not limited to:
Move and assemble furniture and appliances in residential rooms, apartments, and lounges. Duties could include setting up rooms, moving furniture from one area to another, and organizing storage rooms throughout campus.
Inspect, remove, maintain, and repair furniture in in residential rooms, apartments, and lounges. This may include minor carpentry repairs on furniture and facilities and preparing rooms for occupancy. Repairs are performed using basic hand tools and all proper use will be taught – no experience needed.
Painting of areas within residential rooms, apartments, and lounges, or common areas. Specific duties could include covering up major and minor marks on the walls, repainting walls and trim, and cleaning painting tools.
Rake, weed whack, mow grounds surrounding residential apartments on campus.