Parking Enforcement Hours
Enforced 24/7 including weekends, holidays and breaks
- Campus resident lots
- Reserved and departmental spaces
- Service spaces
- ADA/accessible spaces
- Load zones and no-parking areas
- Safety areas (fire lanes, crosswalks, etc.)
Enforced 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week
- Pay and Display kiosk areas in Visitor Lots
Enforced 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Commuter lots
- Faculty/Staff lots
- Meters not in visitor lots
Enforced midnight to 6 a.m, January 1 through April 1
- Winter parking ban
- All lots and areas, except “exempt” or “weather conditional”
- Every night, regardless of weather conditions
Parking regulations and permit/payment requirements remain in effect during UNH’s winter, spring and summer breaks, as well as during finals, on reading days, and on days when no classes are scheduled but university offices are open.
Permit requirements in commuter and faculty/staff lots are suspended and meters/Pay & Display areas are free on UNH holidays or shutdowns (note: not every holiday is a UNH holiday). All other regulations remain in effect.
UNH Parking Regulations Manual
Parking is subject to UNH parking regulations. Any issue not referenced in the manual is unauthorized. Regulations are subject to periodic revision.
Parking Office Service Counter & Call Center Hours
From 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (hours may be reduced during winter/spring/summer break periods). Contact UNH Transportation Services in person, by phone, fax or email. Online payments & appeals available 24 hours a day.
The Town of Durham has its own ordinance polices that pertain to safe and legal operation and parking of vehicles in the municipal areas neighboring our campus.
- Chapter 033, Bicycles
- Chapter 055 Electric Motorized Devices/Scooters
- Chapter 148 Vehicle Registration
- Chapter 153 Vehicles, Traffic, Parking
These ordinances are under the authority of the Town of Durham, NH and are subject to revision. The University of New Hampshire does not set or enforce Durham town ordinances.