All of our on-campus apartment complexes and residence halls have laundry facilities. Each is equipped with both 18-pound front-load, stacked dryers and 18- pound front-load washers. Additionally, Stoke Hall also has five front-load 30-pound dryers.
You don’t need quarters! You can use your Cat’s Cache which is connected to your UNH ID card. You’ll need to add money to your Cat's Cache account to use your ID card for laundry.
Using the LaundryView monitoring system, you can check the availability of washers and dryers in laundry rooms across campus using either the LaundryView webpage or the UNH Mobile App.
Regular Pricing Rates/Hours
(Noon - Midnight in res halls & apartments)
- Washers - $1.70 per cycle
- Stacked dryers -$0.55 cents (35 minutes)
- Large capacity dryers -$0.65 cents (35 minutes)
Value Pricing Rates/Hours (15% less)
(Midnight - Noon in res halls & apartments)
- Washers - $1.45 per cycle
- Stacked dryers - $0.47 (35 minutes)
- Large capacity dryers - $0.55 (35 minutes)
Note: Different residence halls have different laundry machines. Pricing is relative to the laundry equipment in use. Some of the rates listed above may not be available in each laundry room.
How to Use a Washer
- Load clothes. (Be sure to remove all items from clothing pockets and insure that undergarments with metal underwire are placed in a washable mesh bag to prevent damage to your clothes)
- Add detergent, bleach and fabric softener - **ONLY ADD ¼ CUP OF DETERGENT** to avoid over sudsing! HE detergent is preferred. Please do not use washer detergent sheets as they damage the machines and can possibly damage your clothes. Detergent pods can be used, but do not put them in the detergent dispenser; place them in the washer drum with the clothes.
- Select which machine you will be using at the Cat’s Cache card reader - swipe your Cat’s Cache Card (Student ID card)
- At the washer machine, select wash water temperature
- Press Start
How To Use A Dryer
Before loading your clothes you must clean the lint screen otherwise air cannot circulate effectively through the clothes and efficiently dry them. This could cause you to use multiple drying cycles and cost you much more to dry your clothes!
- Load only 18lbs of clothes. Be sure to remove all items from clothing pockets. The dryer should be approximately ½ full.
- Select which machine you will be using at the Cat’s Cache card reader-swipe your Cat’s Cache Card (Student ID card)
- At the dryer machine select the desired heat temperature
- Press Start
*If you need to purchase more drying time. At the Card Reader Display Screen, select your machine number and then select the “Add Time Option” in the lower left corner of the display screen and swipe your card again.
*Please report any laundry questions or concerns by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Department of Housing Laundry Office at (603) 862-2082.