Need On-Campus Housing?

We welcome all students who want to live on-campus to submit an On-Campus Housing Request.  

We look forward to your living (or returning to live) in Wildcat Country!

Submit an On-Campus Housing Request


    • Students playing tug-o-war


      Students in any of the below categories are eligible to submit a housing request.

      • Medically re-admitted UNH students
      • First-year students new to UNH for spring semester
      • Students who are on a study away program from UNH who wish to file an Intent to Return to Housing
      • Exchange students from other institutions
      • NSE (National Student Exchange) program students
      • UNH-Manchester and New Hampshire Transfer Connections Program (NHTCP) students transferring to the Durham campus
      • Other transfer students coming to UNH directly from another college
      • Re-admitted UNH students
      • International students transferring to UNH
      • Current on-campus residents who did not submit a Housing Reapplication
      • UNH students living off-campus


    Since this is an on-line application, you can log in anytime to the Housing Portal and see that the application is "live." 

    If you feel that there was some problem or your need further assistance, you can email our offices at to ask for help.

    If you have special circumstances that may need consideration, please use the notes area of your housing application. You may also send the information to

    Yes, we would appreciate hearing from you if you'd like to rescind your request. Please send an email to to let us know.

    We make offers of housing on a space-available basis.  As we identify available spaces, we turn to those students who have submitted an On-campus Housing Request.  For Fall Semester housing, we continue to make offers throughout the summer as spaces occur. 

    We make housing offers via email.  If you receive an offer, the email will include information about how to officially accept the offer, as well as information about the next steps.  If you accept our offer for a general space on-campus, your specific housing assignment and move-in information will come closer to the start of the semester.

    No.  We will only contact you if we are able to make you an offer of housing.  You are more than welcome to call us (603) 862-2120 or email us  at anytime to inquire about the status of your request.

    We will try to accommodate your preference but we are not always able to do so. If you have specific housing preferences (locations, roommates, etc.), please be sure to include your requests in the "Note" field in the online application.

    No. You must submit a new request each semester.