Summer Internship Housing
You've landed the internship, let us take care of the rest!
Stay at the beautiful University of New Hampshire campus while you are completing your local summer internship! The UNH campus offers affordable summer housing in Congreve Hall where you will enjoy single rooms comfortably furnished and complete with air-conditioning and Wi-Fi. We are located just minutes from Portsmouth and only an hour from Boston. Dover, Rochester, and other seacoast towns are also close by. It's an easy commute from our campus to the beaches, White Mountains and Lakes. During your stay, you can even catch the train from the UNH Dairy Bar and travel from Brunswick, Maine to Boston, Massachusetts and beyond!
Space is limited, apply TODAY!
DATES & ELIGIBILITY
Summer housing will be available on a first-come, first-served basis from May 24 – August 8.
- Individuals must be 18-years or older and enrolled in an educational internship program
- Proof of internship verification must be provided by employer
Enjoy living in the centrally located Congreve Hall which offers:
- Single occupancy room, fully furnished with air conditioning and a shared bathroom
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Cable ready access
- Parking on campus
- Access to the Hamel Recreation Center (fitness facilities), outdoor pool and Mendums Pond
- Up to $20 Cat's Cache credit towards on-site laundry or dining
*For those interested in summer dining options while on campus, find out more information here.
WHAT'S THE COST?
The total cost is $2500 for the 11 weeks noted above
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Full payment in advance will be required
- Confirmed housing assignments cancelled 14+ days prior to move-in will be billed a $150 cancellation fee.
- Confirmed housing assignments cancelled within 14 days of move-in will be billed a $300 cancellation fee.
- All summer interns will be responsible for understanding and abiding by the Housing and Campus policies as listed in our Students Rights Rules & Responsibilities. Policy violations may result in loss of housing privileges without refund, and notification to your internship program about misconduct.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (click to expand)
1. Do I qualify for Intern Housing?
To qualify, you must be a current undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university, who is holding an internship in the NH Seacoast area.
2. How and when do I check-in?
Most summer interns staying with us are working from May 26 -early August. For those interns, we will arrange a move-in on May 24. Detailed information about move-in will be provided to each intern after applications are processed.
3. What items am I not permitted to bring with me into the residence hall?
Thank you for asking! Here is a list of prohibited items that we ask you to leave at home.
4. Where will I be staying?
Summer housing for our visiting interns will be in Congreve Hall, in the heart of UNH campus. Congreve Hall is one of our most highly sought after residence buildings and offers central air conditioning, a variety of community lounges, a kitchen, and is steps away from all of the amenities and services you will need while at UNH.
5. Are the rooms furnished?
Yes, each room is fully furnished with a twin XL bed, dresser, desk with chair, and closet space.
6. Do guests have access to a gym?
Yes! The Hamel Recreation Center, housing our fitness center, is conveniently located across the street from Congreve Hall. Campus Recreation provides programs and facilities to support an active lifestyle. For information about Group Exercise classes, Outdoor Pool, Mendums Pond, and hours of operation visit www.campusrec.unh.edu.
7. Can guests have overnight visitors?
Yes, the policy is that a guest may stay up to 2 nights in any 7 day period.
8. Is there parking?
Yes! UNH offers convenient parking for summer interns who have a vehicle, and it is included in the cost of your stay with us. Parking will be offered in the Woodside parking lot located a short walk from Congreve Hall.
9. Are utilities included?
All utilities, including cable, are provided and included in the rate.
10. Is the building secure?
Yes, the building external doors are locked 24/7 and the only people with access will be registered residents, hall staff, and campus personnel with an approved reason. You will be provided an access card which you may use to come and go from the hall as you please. Your individual room door is key entry and you will be issued a key at move-in.
11. Can I walk to public transportation?
Yes, Congreve Hall is located just a short walk from Amtrak train station in Durham. Bus routes serving the campus and visiting local towns such as Dover and Portsmouth will also be running on a fixed schedule during the summer.
12. Who do I contact with issues/concerns once I have arrived?
Each building is staffed with a live-in professional Hall Director and several Resident Assistants available at all times if you should need somebody.
13. What do I do if something in my room does not work?
Inform a Resident Assistant, your Hall Director, or the Housing Department, ASAP.
14. Is the bedding provided?
A linen pack is available for rental which includes a pillow, blanket, top and bottom sheet, pillowcase, towel, and a washcloth. You will leave the linen packet in your room upon departure. More information is available within the housing application.
15. I’m going on a week-long vacation, do I have to pay for my room even though I won’t be using it during that time?
Yes, you are responsible for payment of your room from your check-in date to your check-out date, regardless of how often you use the space.
16. What if I have a medical emergency?
You will contact 911 immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
17. Is Wi-Fi included and how do I connect?
Yes, Wi-Fi is included, you will be able to easily access the UNH public Wi-Fi network.
18. What happens if I am locked out?
During business hours, you will contact or visit the Housing Department located a short walk from Congreve Hall. Outside of business hours, you will call campus security and somebody will provide a let-in to you. The first let-in is free but there is a $25 fee for each additional let-in. Contact information for lock-outs will be posted in Congreve Hall.
19. How do I check-out?
You will leave your keys and access card in a check-out envelope in the key box in the lobby, or turn them in directly to your Hall Director upon your departure. Latest deadline to check out is 12 noon on August 8, 2020.
20. I am 21, can I bring alcohol into my room?
Yes. Persons of legal drinking age (21+) may have one open container of alcohol at any given time in their room. Alcohol is not permitted in any of the common areas of Congreve Hall.
21. Can I smoke inside my room/apartment?
No, smoking of any kind is not permitted in any campus building, this included: i. Tobacco products. ii. Marijuana iii. E-Cigarettes and or vape products. Smoking must be done outside at least 20 feet from any UNH building.
22. Can I purchase a meal plan?
Yes! Our award-winning Holloway Commons dining hall will be open beginning July 4 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We encourage visiting interns to enjoy the dining hall by purchasing a meal plan online at www.unh.edu/dining. We also have retail locations open which will serve food, such as the Dairy Bar, or you may purchase “cats cache” or “dining dollars” which are funds placed on your ID card and may be used towards food at locations both on and off-campus.
23. I’d like to change my room assignment, how can I do this?
Room assignments can only be changed if space permits, please contact your live-in Hall Director for more information.
24: Does the residence hall provide a kitchen that I may use?
Yes! Congreve Hall has a full kitchen on the ground floor that includes a stove, sink, microwave, full refrigerator, and basic cooking supplies that may be used by community members. Kitchen users must clean up after themselves and properly dispose of/recycle all personal items.
25: Does my room provide a mini-fridge?
No. However, you are welcome to bring your own mini-fridge and use it during your stay with us. We do not provide mini-fridge rentals during the summer months.
26. If I want a different room type than a single room, is that something that can be accommodated?
Maybe! Congreve Hall does offer double rooms as well, but our default room option for all interns will be a private single room. If you desire a double room you may write in that request on your housing application. We will only seek to accommodate such requests if you have a specific roommate in mind from your program, and you two mutually request each other as roommates. You must write to each other on the housing application. Housing will not consider double room requests if there is not a mutual roommate request.
27. Is there a Gender Inclusive bathroom option in the building?
Yes! Each floor of Congreve Hall offers a gender-inclusive bathroom option.
Questions? Contact us: 603- 862-1007 | email@example.com | 10 Academic Way , Durham, NH 03824