UNH ID Cards

UNH ID cards are provided by the Dining ID Office for students who have paid the UNH mandatory fees and for benefits eligible and adjunct faculty/staff. Your ID card is used for identification purposes on campus and is used for conducting transactions of the University of New Hampshire business and more. There are no fees for your initial ID card.

Getting Your First ID Card:

First year students will have their photo taken and receive their UNH ID card during First Year Orientation each June. Students who are unable to attend Orientation can pick up their ID card at the Dining ID Office. ID cards may also be picked up in the summer during registration appointments.

All other students, benefits eligible Faculty/Staff, and Adjunct employees can get their UNH ID at the Dining ID Office. Please bring a photo ID with you.

Dining ID Office

Room 211 of the Memorial Union Building
83 Main Street, Durham NH 03824
(603) 862-1821 or UNH.Dining@unh.edu

Regular Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:30pm

During the academic opening and closing as well as school breaks and holidays, hours may be different. Please check our home page for any announcements regarding hours of operation.

Why You Need a UNH ID Card:

Your UNH ID card is important to the campus. It allows you to get check out books at the library, gives you access to the fitness center, and gets you into your dorm. Your ID card is also used for Dining Dollar and Cat's Cache purchases as it holds the fund balances and works like a debit card. Here is a list of the many different ways you can use your UNH ID card!

Faculty and Staff Students
Hamel Recreation - Fitness Center Hamel Recreation - Fitness Center
Indoor Pool - FREE Cat’s Cache - On and off campus
Mendum’s Pond - FREE Dining Dollars - 5% discount
Cat’s Cache - On and off campus Student Dining Meal Plan
Dining Dollars - 5% discount Ride UNH Wildcat Transit - FREE
Faculty / Staff Dining Meal Plan University Library Card
Ride UNH Wildcat Transit - FREE UNH Dorm Access
University Library Card  
Appropriate Building / Lab Access  
UNH Bookstore - 20% discount  
Athletics - Sports events  
MUB Movies  


Lost ID Card/Protecting Yourself:

Replacing your ID card is of no charge if due to normal wear and tear as determined by the Dining ID Office. If you misplace your ID card, we recommend that you suspend activity immediately by contacting the Dining/ID Office at (603)862-1821.  Then fill out an online form to request a replacement and we will call or email you when your new ID is ready for pick up at the Dining ID Office.

Only balances of meals, Dining Dollars, Cat's Cache, and guest passes on the card at the time it is suspended can be protected. No temporary cards will be issued. Until your ID card is replaced, you will not have access to your balances of any funds. Anytime meal plan holders can still access the dining halls using the hand scanners and typing in their student id number.

The owner of the ID card is responsible for its security and proper use and subject to a $25 fine for its unauthorized use.

International Student ID Cards

International Student ID Cards, International Youth Travel Cards, and International Teacher Identification Cards can get their ID cards at the Dining ID Office in room 211 of the Memorial Union Building. In addition, they will provide you with some valuable information regarding traveling abroad and the many benefits that ISIC, IYTC, and ITIC are eligible for.

ISIC Card: International Student Identification Cards are provided at the Dining ID Office. You must have a license or passport, a current school ID card, and a passport size photo.

IYTC Card: International Youth Travel Cards are also provided at the Dining ID Office. Forms of identification required are a license, passport or birth certificate, passport size photo and the applicant must be between 12 and 26 years of age.

ITIC Card: International Teacher Identification Cards are provided with a license or passport, current faculty ID card, and a passport size photo.

ISIC cards are $25.00 and forms of payment are cash, check, Cat's Cache, Dining Dollars or we can bill their tuition account. Sorry, we do not accept credit cards or debit cards.