To assist in the recruitment and retention of employees, UNH Hospitality and Campus Services has an Employee Referral Bonus Program. A referral bonus will be paid to any UNH employee (including students), excluding Executive Directors and above, who refers an individual to work in a full-time, part-time, or non-student position within Hospitality and Campus Services, whereas the referred person is hired and remains employed for specified periods of time. Departments include: UNH Dining, Conferences and Catering, Concessions, Print and Mail Services, Transportation, and Campus Services.
View our Hospitality and Campus Services and Student Employment pages here.
Details of the program:
- Referrer must be listed on the USNH initial employment application in the section [How did you hear about this employment opportunity?]
- If more than one person is listed as the referrer on the application, only the first person named will be eligible for the referral bonus.
- The hiring manager will inform both the referrer and the department manager of the applicant's referral.
- If the referred applicant is hired, the bonus payout to the referrer will be as follows:
- $375 bonus paid to the referrer if the new employee is scheduled to work under 20 hours.
- $750 bonus paid to the referrer if the new employee is scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week.
- Referrer needs to be actively employed and in good standing to receive bonus compensation.
Work Time Eligibility:
If the referred applicant is hired, the bonus payout will be paid to the referrer if the following conditions are met:
- The referred employee works one full semester and returns to start a second semester.
- If the new employee has a start date before the second Friday of the existing semester, works the entire semester, returns for work in the following semester, and remains employed until the second Friday of that semester, the bonus will be paid to the referrer.
- When the new employee has a start date after the second Friday semester, they must work to complete that existing semester, work the next full semester, return to work the following semester, and remain employed until the second Friday of that semester. The bonus will then be paid to the referrer after this time period.
Referrer—UNH employee who recommends that a person apply for a position.
Referred—Individual who has been encouraged to apply for a position with Hospitality and Campus Services.
Semester—By the second Friday of classes through their last scheduled day for Fall and Spring terms.
Bonus—Received in the referrer’s paycheck depending on scheduled hours worked. Bonus monies are not eligible for retirement contributions as per USNH policy.