Visitor parking options:
Sage Way Visitor Lot, Pay & Display
(Formerly known as "Visitor Lot")
($1.25/hour* paystation payment required seven days per week, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m., no limit)
20 Sage Way, next to the Parking & Transit Center (Set GPS for 20 Sage Way). Free evening/overnight (9 p.m - 7 a.m.) parking; meter requirement resumes at 7 a.m. the following morning. Exempt from the winter parking ban unless otherwise declared.
Edgewood Road Visitor Lot, Pay & Display
(Formerly known as "Main Street Visitor Lot" or "H-Lot Visitor Section")
($1.50/hour* paystation payment required seven days per week, 7 a.m. – 9 p.m., up to 4 hours)
The corner of Edgewood Road and Main Street, near the Whittemore Center (set GPS for 5 Edgewood Road). Free evening/overnight (9 p.m. - 7 a.m.) parking EXCEPT from Dec. 1 through April 1, when lot closes at 2:00 a.m. Otherwise the meter requirement resumes at 7 a.m. the following morning.
Campus Crossing Visitor Lot, Pay & Display
(Formerly known as "Mill Road Visitor Lot", or "C-Lot")
($1.50/hour* paystation payment required seven days per week, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m., up to 4 hours)
Mill Road across from the Durham Market Place plaza (set GPS for 8 Mill Road). Free evenning/overnight (9 p.m. - 7 a.m.) parking EXCEPT when winter parking ban snow emergency is declared; lot closes at 2:00 a.m. Otherwise, meter requirement resumes at 7 a.m. the following morning.
Thompson Hall Lot
($1.50/hour* paystation payment required seven days per week, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m., up to 2 hours)
Main Street, across from intersection of Main & Garrison (set GPS for 105 Main Street). Limited parking for short-term errands only. Do not park there for attending class. Free evening/overnight (9 p.m. - 7 a.m.) parking EXCEPT during the Winter Parking ban period, when the lot closed from 2:00 a.m. to 6 a.m. (with meter requirements resuming 7 a.m.)
Other Campus Paystation & Meters
($1.50/hour payment required M - F, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., limits posted)
Visitors are welcome to use any available (vacant/unreserved) Pay & Display or traditional meter around campus. Payment is required Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Meters are available for one fully-paid cycle, after which you must move your vehicle.
Short-term loading zones are available for quick loading/unloading use. Time limits are strictly enforced.
Undesignated areas near campus buildings are considered fire lanes—do not park there.
Open Evening Parking in Commuter & Fac/Staff Lots
Limited free parking is available in designated faculty/staff and commuter lots after 6 p.m. weekdays or all day on Saturday/Sunday and specified UNH holidays. Permit requirements resume at 7 a.m. the following weekday morning, and from Dec. 1 – April 1, most lots close at midnight (see winter parking ban below). Resident lots, mixed-use lots that include resident parking, service, ADA spaces, etc. are not available for open parking, but rather have a 24/7 permit requirement.
- Resident Lots or mixed-use lots that include resident parking, excluded 24/7: Visitors parking is not allowed at any time in resident lots or mixed-use lots that include resident parking.
- Faculty/Staff & Commuter lots excluded weekdays: Visitor parking is not allowed in faculty/staff or commuter lots, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- No Parking Areas: Parking is not permitted in any area that is not a designated parking space.
- Beware the Winter Parking Ban (WPB): From Dec. 1 to April 1, most faculty/staff and commuter lots close at midnight. During the WPB after midnight parking for visitors is limited to exempted areas only. Please visit the winter parking ban page for details.
- Pay & Display paystations take coins or credit cards (Visa/MasterCard/Discover/American Express). They do not take bills and do not issue change.
* Where payment is required until 9pm (visitor lots), rates drop to $1/hour for parking between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.