Are you ready for a global adventure? Take the first step with Peace Corps Prep, a partnership between UNH and the U.S. Peace Corps to prepare undergraduates for global service.
Through Peace Corps Prep, you will:
- Engage in undergraduate academic coursework and field experiences that emphasize community engagement and public service
- Build the essential skills to excel in global service activities
- Prepare to apply to the Peace Corps
- Get engaged in your community at home and abroad
The Peace Corps has identified four core competencies that are critical to the intercultural fieldwork Peace Corps Volunteers do:
- Sector-specific skills
- Foreign language proficiency
- Intercultural competence
- Professional savvy and leadership
UNH Peace Corps Prep creates a frameworks for you to build these four competencies, integrating coursework with hands-on experience and professional development, as well as individualized guidance throughout your college career and Peace Corps application process. Upon completion of the program, you will receive a certificate from the Peace Corps—and a competitive edge when applying for Peace Corps service.
Peace Corps Prep is open to all undergraduates with any major. The program does not guarantee acceptance into the Peace Corps, but stands out on your application and provides you with impressive experiences relevant to any work in global service.