About the Career & Internship Fairs
The University of New Hampshire invites you to attend the Fall 2021 UNH Career & Internship Fairs. During the fall semester, we are offering two university-wide virtual Career & Internship Fairsorganized into industry-specific events. These fairs offer employers the opportunity to connect with a targeted talent pool with specific interests, skills, and experiences aligned with your organization's recruiting needs.
Fairs will be based on broad industry groupings and hosted in Handshake with 1:1 and Group sessions. All undergraduate, graduate students, and alumni from all majors are encouraged to attend any of the events. Employers can sign up for any of the fairs (or both based on your hiring needs). Registration will open on May 26 in Handshake. Information on registration costs and specific deadlines can be found below.
Each fair will have the following session types:
- 1:1 Sessions that are 10 minutes in length and are the preferred engagement type.
- Group Sessions that are 30 minutes in length and allow you to reach many students, including first and second-year students. These are great for company overviews and are most effective when an organization also has available 1:1 sessions for students who want to connect more deeply with your organization.
To learn more about Handshake Fairs and what to expect, check out Handshake's Virtual Fair Guide for Employers.
Employer Policy and Terms
UNH’s Career & Internship Fairs are intended only for organizations (profit and nonprofit) currently hiring professional, career-related positions including full time and/or paid internship positions for students and alumni with an associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree (or working towards one of those UNH degrees). Career & Internship Fairs are not meant for programs of continuing or graduate education. If hiring for an on-campus or part-time positions, please post your positions to Handshake.
In order to be approved to participate in UNH’s Career & Internship Fairs, employers are required to post at least one (1) position in Handshake available for students and/or alumni, in accordance with CaPS policies. Position(s) must be posted two (2) weeks prior to the date of the fair. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation of your fair registration. A written notice will be sent to the registrant’s email address.
If you have questions about which Career & Internship Fair(s) your organization should attend, please reach out to our Employer Relations team.
Career and Professional Success reserves the right to deny any employer registration or participation in UNH’s Career & Internship Fairs if the requirements above are not met. Career and Professional Success also has the sole and absolute right and discretion to discontinue recruiting privileges to any organization, for any reason in accordance with UNH policies. Please reach out to Employer Relations if you have any questions.
The University of New Hampshire is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Organizations are responsible for the ethical and legal conduct of their representatives throughout the recruiting process, and must assume responsibility for all representations made by authorized representatives. For more information on our policies, please see here.
|Hiring Event Title||Event Date||Registration, Payment, Schedule & Job Posting Deadline||Cancellation & Refund Deadline||Student Registration Start|
|BUSINESS, COMMUNICATION, & SOCIAL SERVICES CAREER & INTERNSHIP FAIR||Fri
Registration & Payment
Use these helpful walkthroughs and resources to guide you through registering, paying, and scheduling for our virtual fairs on Handshake.
First fair cost
|Second fair cost||$125||$60||$25|
|Be a Sponsor!|
Starting at $1000 to $3000. Learn More
*Early bird discount of $25 offered until the end of business day, June 30th.
Please see the Important Dates section for the Registration, Payment, and Scheduling Deadlines for Career & Internship Fairs.
1. Log into your Handshake account.
a. If you do not have a Handshake account, please register here. Your registration will be approved within 2 business days.
b. For additional guidance on creating a new Handshake user account, please refer to: Getting Started with Handshake.
2. Select the Career & Internship Fairs you would like to attend by clicking here and choosing from the filtered list, or in Handshake by clicking Fairs in the left navigation bar > using the School filter to show only University of New Hampshire Fairs > and selecting from this list.
3. Once you have clicked on the name of the desired Career & Internship Fair, click on the blue Register button in the upper-right corner of the page to begin the registration form.
4. Please fill out the registration form in its entirety. Information will be shared with students based on your answers to desired majors and job postings under 'Looking For' within the registration form. If this form is not filled out correctly, you will not be marketed correctly to the student audience. Based on the registration form, students will be able to research and identify your organization at each Career & Internship Fair. Please note all materials identifying employers will match how the organization name is listed in Handshake - this is to ensure students will be able to locate the employer in Handshake.
a. For more details about the fields on your registration form, please refer to: Registering for a Fair.
5. Registrations are approved on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You will receive a confirmation email from Handshake with your invoice after your registration has been approved.
6. After your registration has been approved, you must log back into Handshake to complete the scheduling process and upload any job/internships your organization will be recruiting for at the event.
a. Creating the schedules for your organization is a required step for attending a UNH Hiring Event on Handshake. If you do not complete this step by the date identified in the Important Dates section for your specific event, then your registration is subject to cancellation.
b. Please refer to this guide on Creating a Schedule for more details.
Please see the Important Dates Section for the Payment and Refund Deadlines for Career & Internship Fairs.
- To secure a booth, all payments are due by the date identified in the Important Dates section for your specific event. If payments are not received by the deadline, your booth registration will be canceled.
- Registrations are approved on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Once you are approved, you will receive an invoice with a payment link to pay via credit card or option to pay with a check.
Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
- Navigate to your registration page by clicking 'PAY HERE' on the bottom of your invoice OR in Handshake by visiting the Career & Internship Fair home page > clicking on the green Registered button > and selecting View Registration from the dropdown menu.
- Click the green Pay Now button on the left-hand side of your fair registration, under the Payments sections.
- You will be redirected to a secure payment portal hosted by TouchNet, where you can enter your credit card information and submit your payment.
- You will receive an emailed confirmation from Handshake if your payment is received*
*If you do not receive a payment confirmation email in a timely manner, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your payment has been processed and to obtain a receipt, if needed.
- Make the check payable to UNH
- Mail your payment to:
ATTN: Employer Relations
UNH Career and Professional Success- Hood House
89 Main Street
Durham, NH 03824
- Important: Please mail check to this specific address to ensure it does not end up at another department on campus. (UNH has many administrative offices)
Please see the Important Dates section for the Payment and Refund Deadlines for Career & Internship Fairs.
- If you must cancel, please do so IN WRITING. Refunds are available in full if requested within 24 hours of the payment deadline for the fair(s) that you are registered to attend.
- Full payment is required for any cancellations made after the refund deadline for the fair(s).
- A registered representative who does not attend the Career & Internship Fair is considered a no-show and will be responsible for any outstanding balance. Outstanding balances will not be credited toward any future UNH events.
- Your organization will not be approved to attend a future UNH event until outstanding balances are paid.
Please see the Important Dates section for the Scheduling Deadlines for Career & Internship Fairs.
- To secure a booth, all representatives from an organization that are registered to attend a fair are required to set or claim their schedules and open them to students by the date identified in the Important Dates section for your specific event. If schedules are not created and/or claimed by the deadline, your booth registration will be cancelled.
- It is the responsibility of the Registrant to initially create schedules for each representative unless a “Schedule Owner” is identified on the fair registration.
- All representatives with schedules created on their behalf by the Registrant/Schedule Owner must log into Handshake to claim their schedule by the Scheduling Deadline. Until the schedule is claimed, it will remain invisible to students in Handshake and will be in violation of this Scheduling Policy.
Day of Logistics
- UNH sends all event information and logistics through Handshake. To ensure you are receiving all updates and registration information, and help you have the most successful recruitment experience, review these troubleshooting tips and add the below addresses to your email contact list:
- If your organization blocks Handshake emails, please share these details with your IT department.
If you are registered for one of our events and haven't received any information from us, please reach out to email@example.com.
- You may log into Handshake and launch sessions up to 60 minutes early to test your audio and video connection.
- Note: Students can join up to five minutes early to test their connection, so please know that if you are in a session early, students could appear early as well.
- Before, during, and after the fair, you will be able to view the Handshake profile of any student that has signed up to meet with you 1:1 by clicking the View Profile button to the far right of their name on your schedule.
- We are encouraging and coaching students to upload their resume to Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive and share the public link via the chat feature in a 1:1 session.
- You can view student RSVPs and resumes (only if student profiles are public) in Handshake prior to, day-of, and post fair. More details are provided in the ‘Additional Hiring Event FAQs’ section.
- Log into your Handshake account as the Hiring Events will occur on the Handshake fairs platform.
- To be directed to the Hiring Events, use the provided URL from the logistics and welcome emails, as well as, access the day-of fair blue banner when you log into Handshake.
- Recommended browsers: Google Chrome and Firefox
- Please be sure to open or copy & paste the link into one of the recommended browsers.
- Click on the “schedule” tab from the fair overview page to view your schedule.
- All sessions will be launched from the schedule page throughout the fair.
- We recommend refreshing this page frequently to see new additions to your schedule and cancellations.
- To launch sessions, click the blue launch video button next to the student name/time slot or group session to begin each session.
- Be sure to your monitor time during each session, 1:1 sessions (10 minutes) and group sessions (30 minutes).
- Students and employers can report any user or message for fraudulent, spam, or other inappropriate activity.
- When a user is reported in a group session that uses Handshake video, the session host will receive a notification, and hosts can decide whether to remove the participant from the session
- Once a user is removed from a session, they will not be able to rejoin
Fair Best Practices
- We strongly encourage employers to utilize 1:1 sessions to meet with our students and help facilitate your hiring process.
- We do not recommend setting student preferences for the events, as the fairs are open to all students. This limits your visibility during the event and will prevent students from finding your schedule and signing up for sessions.
- If a student alerts you that they are having technical difficulties, you must cancel the session on your end and then the student can choose a later time slot with you.
To cancel a 1:1 with a student, click the three dots on their time slot to see additional options:
Cancel meeting and Send a message.
- We recommend you send the student a message before you click Cancel Meeting.
- Your company’s firewall is blocking Handshake and/or Twilio, and we need to be whitelisted.
- If you are using a VPN, it will block your access and will not allow any connection to audio, video, and/or chat.
- Your browser blocks access to your audio and/or video, you need to confirm that the browser has granted permission for audio and video.
- This is usually notable as you are able to use at least chat, maybe audio or video, but usually at least one feature isn't working.
- Ensure your browser has the most current and up-to-date version.
- Be sure to complete the latest update in your browser settings.
Additional Hiring Event FAQs
What happens if I'm running late?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are encountering delays that will prevent you from attending.
What if I experience technical difficulties prior to and during the fair(s)?
Live day-of support will be provided by the CaPS team for troubleshooting and/or questions about Handshake. To reach us, please use one of the following options and/or links in the welcome email.
- Visit the CaPS Team in a Day-of Hiring Event Help Center
- Call: (603) 862-2070
- Email: Employer.Relations@unh.edu
- Live Chat: www.unh.edu/career
What types of students will I be meeting?
Undergraduate and graduate students from all majors will be attending the fairs. UNH has colleges of Engineering and Physical Sciences, Health and Human Services, Liberal Arts, Life Sciences, Paul College of Business and Economics, Thompson School of Applied Sciences, and a campus in Manchester.
Why is my company name not listed correctly?
Company names are listed based on what is listed on the registration form and in Handshake.
What does STEM mean?
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
How can I continue to follow up and connect with students I met at the Career Fairs?
- Handshake allows for you to view students' RSVPs prior to, during, and post-event. This is a great way to continue the conversations from the fair and review your qualified candidates for your hiring pipeline.
- Message Students: Connect with students by messaging them directly on Handshake. You can send individual messages.
- Pull a report and download a PDF packet of the public student resumes.
- You can choose to download the resumes as a PDF (all resumes in one PDF) or as a zip file.
- If you are looking for additional resources, please use the following links:
- Accessing and Messaging Event RSVPs.
- Following Up After a Virtual Fair.