Join us at the Fall 2023 Career & Internship Fair
Tuesday, September 26
11 AM – 3 PM
Whittemore Center Arena & Towse Rink
Each year, UNH Career & Professional Success holds Fall and Spring Career & Internship Fairs. Each fair, hundreds of students and alumni, and 200+ organizations attend. Undergraduate and graduate students from all majors and years attend the fairs. A full industry breakdown is available here.
The Fall 2023 UNH Career and Internship Fair is open for registration requests to attend. If your registration request is approved, you will receive a notification from joinhandshake.com via email. Invoices are sent after approval. Submitting a registration request DOES NOT guarantee a table at the Career Fair. Waitlist employers are considered on a case-by-case basis to best align with industry needs and student interest.
Interview Days during Fall 2023 Career & Internship Fair Week
Employer Policy and Terms
UNH’s Career & Internship Fair is intended only for organizations (profit and nonprofit) currently hiring professional, career-related positions including full time and/or paid internship positions for students and alumni with an associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree (or working towards one of those UNH degrees). The Career & Internship Fair is not meant for programs of continuing or graduate education. If hiring for an on-campus or part-time positions, please post your positions to Handshake.
In order to be approved to participate in UNH’s Career & Internship Fair, employers are required to post at least one (1) position in Handshake available for students and/or alumni, in accordance with CaPS policies. Position(s) must be posted two (2) weeks prior to the date of the fair. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation of your fair registration. A written notice will be sent to the registrant’s email address.
Employers will be assigned in alphabetical order.
Career and Professional Success reserves the right to deny any employer registration or participation in UNH’s Career & Internship Fair if the requirements above are not met. Career and Professional Success also has the sole and absolute right and discretion to discontinue recruiting privileges to any organization, for any reason in accordance with UNH policies. Please reach out to Employer Relations if you have any questions.
The University of New Hampshire is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Organizations are responsible for the ethical and legal conduct of their representatives throughout the recruiting process, and must assume responsibility for all representations made by authorized representatives. For more information on our policies, please see here.
|Event Date||Registration, Payment,
Schedule & Job Posting Deadline
|Cancellation & Refund
*Invite only registration priority deadline: August 1st; Waitlist review and registration: August 2nd
Registration & Payment
Use these helpful walkthroughs and resources to guide you through registering and paying for our fair on Handshake.
|BE A SPONSOR!|
NH Employer Discount: $50
*501(c) 3,4,5 organizations
SPACE IS LIMITED; please sign up early to ensure your organization's spot!
Please see the Important Dates section for the Registration, Payment, and Scheduling Deadlines for Career & Internship Fairs.
1. Use the registration link provided in the invitation email.
2. Log into your Handshake account.
3. Once on the event page, click on the blue Register button in the upper-right corner of the page to begin the registration form.
4. Please fill out the registration form in its entirety. Information will be shared with students based on your answers to desired majors and job postings under 'Looking For' within the registration form. If this form is not filled out correctly, you will not be marketed correctly to the student audience. Based on the registration form, students will be able to research and identify your organization at the Career & Internship Fair. Please note, all materials identifying employers will match the requested employer name during registration. If different from Handshake account name, please consider students' ability to locate the employer in Handshake.
a. For more details about the fields on your registration form, please refer to: Registering for a Fair.
5. Registrations are approved on a case-by-case basis. You will receive a confirmation email from Handshake with your invoice after your registration has been approved. Please add joinhandshake.com to your safe senders list to ensure you don't miss any important information!
6. After your registration has been approved, you must log back into Handshake to submit payment and upload any job/internships your organization will be recruiting for at the event.
Please see the Important Dates Section for the Payment and Refund Deadlines for Career & Internship Fairs.
- To secure a booth, all payments are due by the date identified in the Important Dates section for your specific event. If payments are not received by the deadline, your booth registration will be canceled.
- Registrations are approved on a case-by-case basis. Once you are approved, you will receive an invoice with a payment link to pay via credit card or option to pay with a check.
Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
- Navigate to your registration page by clicking 'PAY HERE' on the bottom of your invoice OR in Handshake by visiting the Career & Internship Fair home page > clicking on the green Registered button > and selecting View Registration from the dropdown menu.
- Click the green Pay Now button on the left-hand side of your fair registration, under the Payments sections.
- You will be redirected to a secure payment portal hosted by TouchNet, where you can enter your credit card information and submit your payment.
- You will receive an emailed confirmation from Handshake if your payment is received*
*If you do not receive a payment confirmation email in a timely manner, please reach out to email@example.com to verify your payment has been processed and to obtain a receipt, if needed. If you are redirected to Handshake without a confirmation screen, your payment was NOT processed and likely declined due to an incorrect billing address.
- Make the check payable to UNH Career and Professional Success
- Mail your payment to:
ATTN: Employer Relations
UNH Career and Professional Success- Hood House 208
89 Main Street
Durham, NH 03824
- Important: Please mail check to this specific address to ensure it does not end up at another department on campus. (UNH has many administrative offices)
Please see the Important Dates section for the Payment and Refund Deadlines for Career & Internship Fairs.
- If you must cancel, please do so IN WRITING. Refunds are available in full if requested by the date of the payment deadline for the fair.
- Full payment is required for any cancellations made after the refund deadline for the fair.
- A registered representative who does not attend the Career & Internship Fair is considered a no-show and will be responsible for any outstanding balance. Outstanding balances will not be credited toward any future UNH events.
- Your organization will not be approved to attend a future UNH event until outstanding balances are paid.
- Career and Professional Success will follow cancellation policies based on the University's curtailed operations protocol; refunds will only be extended if the event is cancelled.
NOTE: Though we are planning for this event to be in person on the Durham, NH campus, we reserve the right to adjust and change the event to a virtual program. If the decision is made to switch the event’s format to a virtual event, you will be notified as soon as possible via email from firstname.lastname@example.org, on the unh.edu/career Homepage, and in Handshake.
Day of Logistics
September 26, 2023
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Whittemore Center Arena & Towse Rink
- UNH sends all event information and logistics through Handshake. To ensure you are receiving all updates and registration information, and help you have the most successful recruitment experience, review these troubleshooting tips and add the below addresses to your email contact list:
- If your organization blocks Handshake emails, please share these details with your IT department.
If you are registered for one of our events and haven't received any information from us, please reach out to email@example.com.
The UNH Career & Internship Fair will continue with a “carry in-carry out” policy with all of your materials. We will not be accepting shipments of booths, displays, or marketing items in advance of the fair, nor will we be responsible for shipping any items out for organizations following the fair. What you bring needs to come with you in your vehicle and leave with you in your vehicle at the end of the event.
The University of New Hampshire is platinum sustainability rated from STARS (the highest possible under the AASHE’s rating system) is committed to sustainability in all forms of our operations. We kindly ask you to refrain from bringing unnecessary swag items, giveaways, and handouts to UNH Career & Internship Fair. Students respond positively to other incentives, such as raffles, charity donations, and less material items.
- Use signs with QR codes for students to reach additional information/landing pages/info collection forms
- Use digital tablet devices or a single sign-up sheet to collect student information for digital follow up
- If planning to provide more information consider handing out business cards with contact information
- Items that contain excessive packaging/plastic/waste
- Low-quality items and giveaways that do not serve a reusable purpose
- Paper handouts and marketing materials
- Large items or large amounts of swag- we’re practicing a carry in-carry out policy with all of your materials (we will not be accepting or shipping any items in or out for organizations)
- Please plan to arrive: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM (please do not arrive earlier than 9 AM as the venue will not be open)
- The fair is scheduled for 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM (doors open promptly at 11:00 AM for students)
Parking will be assigned in August for lots across campus.
Whittemore Center, 128 Main Street, Durham, NH 03824
You must carpool, parking at the university is limited.
- The Whittemore Center has a WiFi hotspot. You will be given additional information about access upon arrival.
- Please be aware the wifi provided is a public domain.
- Unfortunately there is no way to run electricity to booths
If the University of New Hampshire curtails operations for the full day of the Career & Internship Fair, the event will be rescheduled to the following week. Career & Professional Success will contact all organizations and participants if this occurs to share more information.
What happens if I'm running late?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are encountering delays that will prevent you from attending.
What types of students will I be meeting?
Undergraduate and graduate students from all majors will be attending the fairs, this includes the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, College of Health and Human Services, College of Liberal Arts, College of Life Sciences & Agriculture, Paul College of Business and Economics, and College of Professional Studies.
Why is my company name show up the way it does?
Company names are listed based on what is submitted on the registration form from Handshake.