Employers - Connect with us!
UNH Success Stories
- The Graphic Narrative Goes to ChinaJanuary 23rd, 2020UNH English professor Monica Chiu introduced Asian American studies and graphic narrative to Chinese students and scholars.
- Meet the 2020-21 Faculty FellowsJanuary 21st, 2020The UNH Center for the Humanities has awarded three Faculty Research Fellowships for next year.
- Online MBA Program Cracks U.S. News Top-50January 14th, 2020U.S. News & World Report has ranked UNH’s online MBA program No. 40 in the nation. The ranking includes programs at 345 U.S. business schools.
- Paul College Celebrates Accounting Professor for Excellence in TeachingJanuary 9th, 2020Jonathan Nash knew for years that he wanted to be a professor someday. But with accounting as his field of study and practice, he never expected he’d be popular among his students. And he certainly didn't expect to receive Paul’s Excellence in Teaching Award for tenure-track faculty after less than three years at the college as an assistant professor of accounting. “I was very surprised because accounting is often perceived as this horrible, not fun thing,” Nash joked. “I was also very honored. There are a lot of quality faculty in my department, and there are a lot of quality faculty at Paul College; the award is meaningful because that’s the reference point for excellence in teaching.” When Nash received his doctorate, Paul College was the first and last place he interviewed to start...
- UNH First Step Expands to Bow High SchoolJanuary 9th, 2020The University of New Hampshire has expanded its concurrent credit program, UNH First Step, to Bow High School. Beginning this spring, BHS juniors and seniors will have the opportunity to simultaneously earn high school and UNH credit in select high school courses. BHS joins Pinkerton Academy in the ranks of UNH First Step, which launched at Pinkerton in fall 2019 as a two-year pilot program. Mike Decelle, dean of UNH Manchester, says expanding UNH First Step to other New Hampshire high schools could encourage students to go to college, particularly in New Hampshire. “The goal of UNH First Step is to make college more accessible to New Hampshire students,” Decelle said. “When students choose to stay here, they become part of the workforce engine that strengthens our state’s economy.” "The...
- Eye SpyDecember 23rd, 2019In a recent paper published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, UNH researchers have reported the first structural model for a key enzyme and its activating protein that can play a role in eye diseases like retinitis pigmentosa and night blindness.