10 Steps on the UNH Path
Step 1. Just checking to make sure you answered YES to at least one of the following questions. If so, please continue to Step 2. If you answered NO to all of the questions below, please go the Independent Path section. If you’re confused, contact Education Abroad.
- Am I fulfilling an academic requirement?
- Am I earning UNH credit?
- Am I traveling with a Recognized Student Organization?
- Am I traveling with a UNH faculty and/or staff member?
- Am I participating on a trip that is supervised, arranged or sponsored by a UNH department or UNH faculty/staff?
Step 2. Identify the type(s) of international experience you are considering. Call 862-2398 to schedule an appointment. Make sure to state what type of international experience you want either Internship, Volunteer or Research Abroad.
Step 3. Come to your Advising appointment with all the information you have gathered about the international experience and be prepared to ask questions.
Step 4. Create UNH-Via profile and favorite UNH International Experience: Internship, Volunteer, Research Abroad and start the application.
Step 5. If you need a visa, we recommend that you first check the host country’s embassy website or use a visa processing service such as Travisa.
Step 6. Complete the mandatory International SOS eLearning course called ‘Travel Risk Awareness – Scholastic English.’ Go to this link and register as a new user. You must complete the course at least 3 weeks prior to departure.
Step 8. Register your trip in the UNH International Travel Registry. Create a Traveler Profile, upload your passport information, enter emergency contact information and submit your travel details at least 3 weeks prior to departure.
Any questions about the UNH International Travel Registry should be directed to the International Education Program Assistant.
Step 9. It is strongly recommended that you:
- Review country information and recommendations on the International SOS website
- Sign up for International SOS Email Alerts while on the website (button on right-side frame)
- Register with the US Embassy via The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)