General Faculty Advising Information

Request Classroom Presentation

Education Abroad staff and study abroad returnees (Global Ambassadors) are happy to conduct classroom presentations about global education.  Please call 603-862-2398 or email to schedule a visit. Advanced notice is appreciated so that we can accommodate your interests and schedule.

Study Abroad Course Planning Form

The Study Abroad Course Planning Form is an essential component to prior approval of transfer credit.  Students must meet with their academic advisor to discuss this form in detail.  Instructions for the advisor and student are clearly outlined at the beginning of the form. The student must download the form from their UNH-Via Dashboard once they have applied and are eligible to study abroad.

Registration While Abroad

Students abroad for a semester are required to meet with their academic advisor prior to departing for study abroad to map out their plan of study for the semester after their time abroad.  Each student will register via WebCat when in their host country; advisors must submit RAC numbers to their advisees via e-mail.  If the student cannot register via WebCat, then the advisor works to register the student on their behalf.

Other International Experiences

Other International experiences such as research, volunteering, or stand-alone internships abroad are quite distinct from Study Abroad. There are two paths for students who seek an international experience, the UNH path and the Independent path.

An example of a UNH international experience could include a student group traveling abroad for a project, such as Engineers without Borders. Or an individual international experience such as an internship abroad that fulfills an academic requirement.

For more information about the international experience process, please refer advisees to the Other International Experiences page.

If you or your advisee(s) have questions, please contact Or call 603-862-2398.