UNH Claims Process


If you are a UNH Student, Faculty, and Staff traveling abroad on University-related activities, you are covered under the UNH International Travel Assistance & Insurance Plan.  This plan includes International SOS Travel Assistance Services and Nationwide Travel Medical Insurance. Any medical insurance claims you might submit are administered by Consolidated Health Plans.

What is covered

The insurance plan covers most accidents and sicknesses.  However, it does not cover basic dental expenses (except for injury to a natural tooth) nor does it cover routine care.  If you want full details of what is and isn’t covered, plan details are available online on the International Travel Assistance & Insurance Program page.

If you have a medical or security emergency, International SOS can pay for your hospitalization or emergency services, make arrangements and monitor your situation.  International SOS also can arrange for payments and submit your insurance claim directly to the claims administrator for you.

How to schedule a doctor’s appointment

Call International SOS for a referral, and they can arrange the appointment for you. For the fastest service, you must pay for the service and afterwards submit a claim for reimbursement. You may request an advance payment, but it may take a few days to confirm. There is no guarantee that the insurance company will cover all expenses.

How to file a claim:

You will need to submit:

  • Your itemized bill(s), translated into English if necessary
  • Proof of payment
  • Claim Form

Once received by Consolidated Health Plans, your claim will be processed and paid according to the terms of the insurance policy.  Please note that you are responsible for the cost of any services not covered by the travel insurance plan.

If you have questions about a specific claim or a claims payment, email info@univhealthplans.com.