International Agreements

Partnerships between UNH and foreign institutions often take the form of an International Memorandum of Understanding (IMOU). An IMOU is a binding, legal contract formalizing terms of collaboration between the University of New Hampshire and one or more international institutions. The types of agreements may include (but are not limited to) general friendship and cooperation, reciprocal student exchange, study abroad, faculty/staff/specialist exchange, research collaboration, and/or technical assistance. USNH legal counsel has reviewed and approved several IMOU templates. To view the IMOU templates, click on the appropriate link below:


To initiate an international partnership, faculty and staff should consider the Steps for International Partnership and the Partnership Process Flowchart, and then complete the International Partnership Proposal Form. The Global Education Center is available for consultation at any stage in the process. For international contracts, agreements or grants facilitating international engagement, please see the Checklist for Initiating an International Opportunity.