Dining Dollars

Some of the information on this page may not be applicable this fall due to COVID-19. Please visit Covid-19 FAQS for the most up-to-date information or contact us at (603) 862-1821 with any questions you may have. Thank you for your patience.

What are Dining Dollars?


Dining Dollars can be used at all UNH Dining establishments, including the Union Court, Wildcatessen, Philbrook Cafe, Albert's, Zeke's Cafe, UNH Dairy Bar, CornerStone 1926, all dining halls and on-campus vending machines.

When you make purchases using Dining Dollars, the amount of your transaction is subtracted from your total balance. The perk is that when you use Dining Dollars to purchase items at Dining locations, you get a 5% discount at the register. There are no fees of any kind associated with this account. The balance carries from fall to spring semester. Any balance remaining at the end of meal service in May will be forfeited.

When you purchase a Premier or Campus Plan, your Dining Dollars are added to your UNH ID card that acts like a debit card. Dining Dollars accounts can be open at any time during the year. Students can add as much or as little money as you want to their ID card any time during the year through the Dining/ID office.  Faculty Staff and Graduate students will need to stop by the Dining /ID Office to activate your card before adding Dining Dollars.

UNH Dining: Retail Locations

Learn more about UNH Dining's retail locations. Full dining video: https://youtu.be/YvIG8XkX3jc Sustainability: https://youtu.be/vAHUgrvVBCo Nutrition: https://youtu.be/TSggtecObQI Produced by Scott Ripley UNH Communications and Public Affairs

How Do I Make Deposits?

Dining Dollars can be purchased by mailing a check, payable to UNH, to the Dining/ID Office; be sure to include the student’s name and ID number. The amount of the check will be deposited into that student’s account and activated as soon as we receive it. Dining Dollars can be billed to student accounts through the online order form during eligible periods.

Dining Dollars can be added at any time during the school year until the second Friday of spring semester.  Visit https://www.unh.edu/dining/orderchange-meal-plan and follow the links to change or order a meal plan or go to the Dining/ID Office located in the Memorial Union Building to add funds to an ID Card.

Deposits can be made at the Dining/ID office with cash or a check. Students can also use cash, credit cards or debit cards at one of our convenient Dining Deposit Centers located at:

Wildcatessen in Stillings, Memorial Union Building (MUB), Holloway Commons, Philbrook Dining Hall, Gables North Building, Dimond Library, Kingsbury Library  and Computer Lab, UNH Manchester, and in SERC C.

How Do I Protect My Balances?

Your card can be suspended by going to your MyUNH Portal account, click on the Cat's Cache tab and then choose Card Services and Deactivate Card. You may also call the Dining/ID Office  during normal business hours at (603) 862-1821 to suspend your card.  Only the balance on the card at the time the card was suspended can be protected.