Handshake (formerly Wildcat Careers) is intended for positions suitable to students and recent graduates. Postings must include the following:
- Opportunity type (full time, part time, paid vs. unpaid internship, etc.)
- Description to convey nature and requirements of the position with sufficient detail
- 0-5 years experience only
- Location of position
The following types of positions will NOT be approved for the University of New Hampshire and Handshake:
- At-home based work for a private individual (baby-sitter, private tutor, care-taker, nanny, landscaping or painting etc.) or organizations with home based operations
- Internships that require remote work
- Student positions that require to advertise, sell, solicit and/or recruit other students for services and products for pay or non-pay (Campus Brand Ambassadors)
- Commission-only pay structure
- Independent consultant positions and/or 1099 filing
- Multi-level Marketing
- Volunteer positions
- Paid and/or voluntary research participants for any type of study or research
- Charge a placement fee or a financial investment prior to employment including flights, products, vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Unspecified organization name or location (Third Party Recruiters, see below)
- Do not adhere to the employment guidelines as designated by the U.S. Department of Labor, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the EEOC guidelines, NACE Principles for Professional Conduct and local, state, and federal laws. It is unlawful for an employer to use screening criteria based on race, gender, ethnicity, marital status, disability, age, etc.
Employer account registrations must include the following:
- Organization Name
- Contact Name
- Contact Title
- Official Organization Email Address. Registrations with personal email address (@gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.) will not be approved
- Organization website if applicable
- Primary office phone number and address
- Third-party recruiters will only be approved if the company is based in New England or if the agency is hiring for a New England based client.
- The client name MUST be disclosed in the job posting description in Handshake.
- When registering for an account, you will have to agree to the terms of this. If this cannot be done, the position will NOT be approved.
- Career and Professional Success must be able to verify that the third party is recruiting for a legitimate job opportunity and has the right to deny recruiting access at anytime.
- For further details please, refer to NACE’s Principals for Third-Party Recruiters
The University of New Hampshire posts advertisements and notices of internship and field experience opportunities as a service to students. The postings contain information created and maintained solely by other public and private organizations. The University does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information.
The University of New Hampshire has no formal relationship or agreement with the any of the placement sites and programs advertised or posted here, nor does it have any supervisory or administrative role in any of these programs. The University of New Hampshire does not review, nor does it render an opinion as to the safety, quality, and academic merit of any of these internship or field experience programs and placement sites and in no way represents or acts as agent for any of the internship or field experience placement sites whose notices or advertisements are attached or posted.
Students assume all responsibility to investigate and to become informed of all aspects of the internships and field experience opportunities posted, and the University of New Hampshire assumes no liability for any loss, damage, illness, or personal injury, including pain, suffering, and death, that may be sustained by students in the course of participating in an internship or field experience posted by the University.